Connectionists: NeuroFedora: ready to use/install ISO for computational neuroscience available

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 07:59:46 EST 2019

Hello,

The NeuroFedora community is pleased to announce its first deliverable:
a ready to use/install Fedora based ISO image that includes a plethora
of computational neuroscience software[1].

It currently includes: auryn, bionetgen, calcium-calculator, COPASI,
qalculate, getdp, genesis-simulator, gnuplot, moose, nest, neuron,
neurord, octave, paraview, python3, brian2, ipython, nest, neuron,
libNeuroML, neo, nineml, PyLEMS, smoldyn and the Python science stack:
matplotlib, jupyter notebook, numpy, pandas, pillow, scikit-image,
scikit-learn, scipy, statsmodels, and sympy.

The ISO image is a "live" image and can be used without installing the
operating system. It can be obtained here[1] with more information on
NeuroFedora available here[2,3].

NeuroFedora is a Free/Open Source Software community based volunteer
initiative. We are always looking for more volunteers to help with the
work[4]. It is an excellent project for students new to computational
neuroscience to learn valuable technical skills while aiding the
neuroscience community. Feedback is always welcome. Please get in touch
using one of our communication channels[5].

[1] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/neurofedora/install-media/
[2] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/neurofedora/
[3] https://neuroblog.fedoraproject.org
[4] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/neurofedora/contributing/