Connectionists: Stochastic Delta Rule-update

Stephen José Hanson jose at rubic.rutgers.edu
Sun Feb 10 08:56:32 EST 2019

This is an update of a post a few months back, where we introduced a
generalization of
DROPOUT for DLs called the Stochastic Delta Rule.   We have updated  now
all properly tested benchmarks which  still show a significant
improvement in all cases for SDR in both accuracy and speed over
DROPOUT.     We have added more benchmarks including for ImageNet and
updated the paper which is attached to this post.

The Github is also completely updated with updated PyTorch code and
results and relevant usage comments here:

https://github.com/noahfl/sdr-densenet-pytorch

--
Stephen José Hanson
Professor