Connectionists: Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Ophthalmic Data Mining and Machine Learning

Siamak Yousefi syousefy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 17:03:49 EST 2019

We have an immediate open position for a Postdoctoral Fellow to work on
ophthalmic data mining and machine learning. The official announcement is
not out yet, but you could contact me if you are interested. This is a
multi-center NIH-funded project involving University of Tennessee Health
Science Center in Memphis, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Mount Sinai. The
successful applicant has the opportunity to rotate to one other institute
as well (short-term, upon approval). We have access to one of the largest
visual field and retinal imaging datasets across the world. We have
developed numerous conventional machine learning and emerging deep learning
approaches to identify glaucoma onset and progression over the past few
years. In this project, we attempt to develop hybrid models to enhance
detecting glaucoma progression as early as possible. Therefore, a number of
exciting topics such as longitudinal data analysis, change detection, long
short term memory models, and unsupervised machine learning are involved.
Please send an email to siamak.yousefi at uthsc.edu if you are interested.
https://academic.uthsc.edu/faculty/facepage.php?netID=syousef1&personnel_id=351869