Connectionists: Machine Learning Research Scientist position at at the NYU School of Medicine

Krzysztof Jerzy Geras k.j.geras at nyu.edu
Thu Dec 19 20:23:25 EST 2019

The Center for Biomedical Imaging and the Center for Advanced Imaging
Innovation & Research (CAI2R) at NYU Langone Health are looking for a
highly motivated Research Scientist to join our interdisciplinary group and
work on novel machine learning methods for medical imaging. The Research
Scientist will develop new research directions, building upon our ongoing
research on machine learning methods for accelerated MRI [1, 2, 3], breast
cancer detection [4, 5, 6] and musculoskeletal [7] and brain image [8, 9,
10] analysis. We are especially interested in candidates who want to work
on model explainability, robustness and uncertainty.

Requirements include:

- Passion for research on deep learning for medical imaging.

- PhD in computer science, medical imaging, mathematics, physics,
electrical engineering or a related discipline. An exception can be made
for an extraordinary candidate without a PhD.

- Advanced skills in Python and Tensorflow or PyTorch.

- Advanced knowledge of machine learning and deep learning.

- Advanced skills in using Linux.

- Experience in working with medical imaging data is a big plus.

Responsibilities will include:

- Developing novel machine learning methods for medical imaging.

- Collaborating with other research scientists, faculty members, postdocs
and students at our center.

Timeline, Salary, and Benefits

Please apply no later than 3/29.

We expect the appointed candidate to start not later than the autumn of
2020. The initial appointment will be for a year, with an intention to
renew further, depending on mutual agreement. We offer a competitive salary
and benefits package. We welcome both domestic and international applicants.

To Apply

Please send your application (CV and a short motivation letter) to Yvonne
Lui (yvonne.lui at nyulangone.org <Yvonne.Lui at nyulangone.org>) and Krzysztof
Geras (k.j.geras at nyu.edu). Please use the string “[machine learning
research scientist]” as the subject of the email.

About Us

The Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation & Research (CAI2R), located in
midtown Manhattan, is operated by the research arm of the radiology
department of NYU Langone Health. The research division comprises
approximately 130 full-­time personnel dedicated to imaging research,
development, and clinical translation. We are a highly collaborative group
and work in interdisciplinary, matrixed teams that include engineers,
scientists, clinicians, technologists, and industry experts. We encourage
collaboration across research groups to promote creativity and nurture an
environment conducive to breakthrough innovations at the forefront of
biomedical research.

To learn more about our research center, visit https://cai2r.net