Connectionists: Junior Professorship in Machine Learning at HU Berlin

Verena V. Hafner hafner at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Oct 13 03:18:41 EDT 2018

The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Department of Computer Science, of Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Germany, invites applications for a

*** Junior Professorship in Machine Learning ***
         (W1 Tenure Track leading to W2)

starting as soon as possible. The ideal candidate for this position is an acknowledged expert in foundational and/or applied topics in machine learning. We expect independent teaching, an outstanding research profile, and the (proven) willingness to engage in collaborative and interdisciplinary research projects.

We are particularly interested in researchers specializing in topics in the life sciences, geoscience or natural language processing / text mining. We offer numerous possibilities to participate in ongoing and future research initiatives (such as the newly founded Cluster of Excellence “Science of Intelligence”, www.scienceofintelligence.de), a vibrant research environment and highly engaged and dedicated students.

The complete announcement can be found here:

German: https://www.personalabteilung.hu-berlin.de/stellenausschreibungen/juniorprofessur-fuer-maschinelles-lernen

English: https://www.personalabteilung.hu-berlin.de/stellenausschreibungen/junior-professorship-for-machine-learning201d

--
http://adapt.informatik.hu-berlin.de/