Connectionists: Opportunities to collaborate with the EPSRC Centre for Predictive Modelling in Healthcare

Purcell, Sarah s.purcell at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 08:05:06 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to highlight the following opportunities for collaboration with the EPSRC Centre for Predictive Modelling in Healthcare at the University of Exeter, UK:

The EPSRC Centre for Predictive Modelling in Healthcare<http://emps.exeter.ac.uk/mathematics/research/pmh/> brings together a world-leading team of mathematicians, statisticians and clinicians with a range of industrial partners, people with lived experience of chronic health conditions and other stakeholders to focus on the development of new methods for managing and treating noncommunciable disorders using predictive mathematical and statistical models. Our focus is on 'dynamic' health conditions such as autoimmune disease, cardiac arrhythmias, diabetes and epilepsy. We aim to revolutionise the clinical management of these disorders through better understanding the fundamental mechanisms of these disorders, as well as the development of mathematically-underpinned decision support systems.

Visitor programme
The Centre runs a lively visitor programme where both short term seminar speakers and longer term visitors can interact with the team. Whether you are an academic, a student, a healthcare professional or involved in healthcare technologies, if you are interested to visit or work with us, please get in touch by completing our visitor contact form<https://emps.exeter.ac.uk/mathematics/research/pmh/visitors/>.

Visiting fellowship
We have some funding available to support the visits of interested parties who will contribute to the work of the Centre. Please use the contact form<https://emps.exeter.ac.uk/mathematics/research/pmh/visitors/> to tell us more about your plans, the problem you would like to solve and who you would like to work with. Requests for funding will be dealt with on an individual basis.

For further information or any queries, you can also contact Sarah Purcell<mailto:s.purcell at exeter.ac.uk> (Centre Manager).

Best wishes,

Sarah Purcell
Centre Manager
EPSRC Centre for Predictive Modelling in Healthcare
University of Exeter

Tel: 01392 726447
Web: www.exeter.ac.uk/pmh <http://www.exeter.ac.uk/pmh>
Twitter: twitter.com/CPMH_UoE