Connectionists: postdoc positions with Peter Dayan

Peter Dayan dayan at tue.mpg.de
Fri Nov 16 18:19:33 EST 2018

From: Peter Dayan

I have moved my lab to the Max Planck Institute for
Biological Cybernetics in Tuebingen. I am therefore recruiting one or
more postdocs working in the areas of neural reinforcement learning and
computational psychiatry. I am planning particular emphases in
neuromodulation, meta-control, behavioural analysis and all areas of
dysfunctional decision-making.

The aim of the MPI for Biological Cybernetics as a whole is to
understand information processing in the brains of humans and
animals. We use experimental, theoretical and computational methods to
elucidate the characteristics and implementations of the cascades of
plastic and recurrent interactions that transform sensory data into
perceptions, memories, appropriate choices of actions, and motor output.
We are richly multidisciplinary, have excellent facilities, and are
building close links with neighbouring Max Planck Institutes and the
University of Tuebingen that cover systems neuroscience, machine
learning, and beyond. The working language of the Institute is English.

Remuneration will depend on experience. The position will be for two
years.

Applications should include a CV, a list of publications, summaries of
scientific achievements and research plans, and the names and contact
details of three referees. Applications should be sent in PDF format no
later than 16th December 2018 to: kyb-application at tuebingen.mpg.de

My lab, the Institute and the Max Planck Society intend to enhance the
proportion of women and minorities in areas where they are
underrepresented, and they are therefore specially encouraged to apply.

Informal inquiries can be addressed to Peter Dayan:
kyb-inquiry at tuebingen.mpg.de