Connectionists: PhD position(s) in Computational Neuroscince

Adeel Razi adeel.razi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 23:23:20 EDT 2018

Dear Connectionists,

*Announcing opportunities for PhD positions* (See the attached flyer!)

Our lab develops computational neuroimaging methods using tools from signal
processing, machine learning, and dynamical systems. The Lab is highly
interdisciplinary so we welcome applications from students with
quantitative background in Engineering, Computer Science or Physics and
also students with background in Psychology, Neuroscience or Medicine.

·         There is one PhD stipend available immediately (at 2018 rate of
AUD 27,353 per annum) for the duration of 3 years. The project is funded by
the ARC DECRA Fellowship awarded to Dr Adeel Razi. Suitable for domestic
students as only PhD stipend is covered.

·         Expressions of interest are sought for PhD scholarships, both
domestic (PhD stipend) and international students (Tuition fee + PhD
stipend). See the *link*
<https://www.monash.edu/graduate-research/future-students/scholarships>

·         For outstanding students additional top-up scholarships are
available (AUD 10,000 - 15,000 per annum).

The successful applicant(s) will work under the mentorship of Dr Adeel Razi
(primary advisor) and will also have an opportunity to spend time in lab(s)
of our close international collaborators (e.g. Professor Karl Frsiton,
Wellcome Centre for Human Neuroimaging, University College London). There
is generous funding available to attend/present at international and local
conferences every year.

Expressions of interest via email to adeel(dot)razi(at)monash(dot)edu)
should include:

·         a curriculum vitae including academic transcript(s) and any
published works; and
·         names and contact details of 2 academic referees

Adeel Razi, PhD
Principal Investigator, Computational and Systems Neuroscience Laboratory
Monash Institute of Cognitive & Clinical Neuroscience
Monash Biomedical Imaging
Monash University, Australia
E: adeel.razi at monash.edu
W: www.adeelrazi.org