Connectionists: Research Support Engineer: FARSCOPE CDT

Tony Pipe tony.pipe at brl.ac.uk
Tue Dec 18 06:59:14 EST 2018

Research Support Engineer: FARSCOPE CDT

Full Description of post at:
https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTc4MzEzNiZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT0xNTM4Jm93bmVyPTUwNTUyNzgmb3duZXJ0eXBlPWZhaXImYnJhbmRfaWQ9MCZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9NDk3

Duration of post: Fixed term until 31st July 2021
Closing Date: 16th Jan 2019
Salary: £33,199 - £39,609 (Currency: GBP)

The Bristol Robotics Laboratory is the largest co-located establishment
engaged in advanced Robotics and Autonomous Systems research and
innovation. It is an exciting mix of fundamental and applied research in
almost all topics relating to modern robotics, and especially those
domains where robots work with us and amongst us to improve our lives.
The FARSCOPE Centre for Doctoral Training is designed explicitly to
deliver research outcomes in this domain and is already highly
successful in doing so.

Due to the existing incumbent of this post moving on to new challenges,
we now wish to fill this exciting and fulfilling position with a highly
motivated and well-organised individual. In brief, the role is to
provide technical support in Mechanical, Electronics/Electrical and
Software disciplines for Research and Development being undertaken by
the FARSCOPE CDT PhD students; to support the coordination and planning
of work by the technical team supporting the FARSCOPE Programme in order
to complete highly advanced R&D work; to provide technical advice and
training to junior members of the technical team and to FARSCOPE
students; to propose Robotic and Automated System solutions for FARSCOPE
R&D projects.

The successful applicant will possess a degree in an Engineering or
Computer Science related Subject, evidence of CPD and, ideally, a
Research Degree in an Engineering or Computer Science related subject.

This post is not available on a job share basis.

Interviews are planned for Monday 4th February 2019.

In addition to progressive pay rates, UWE Bristol offers a wide range of
staff benefits including:

• a generous holiday allowance of 27 Days
• up to 12.5 bank holiday/closure days per year in addition;
• flexible working;
• excellent defined benefit pension schemes;
• option to participate in the cycle to work scheme;
• family friendly policies;
• on-site nursery at our Frenchay Campus;

This post is based at our lively Frenchay campus where we have invested
in the latest facilities and resources to give our students access to
everything they need to succeed – with £300m having been spent recently
on new state-of-the-art learning spaces and accommodation to enhance our
offer even further. Frenchay campus is within close proximity to
excellent motorway links and within walking distance of two train
stations, making UWE Frenchay Campus the ideal place to work for those
wishing to commute to Bristol.

Please see the full job description and information for applicants for
the role at:
https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTc4MzEzNiZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT0xNTM4Jm93bmVyPTUwNTUyNzgmb3duZXJ0eXBlPWZhaXImYnJhbmRfaWQ9MCZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9NDk3

If you have any queries or would like an informal discussion, please
contact Tony Pipe by email: Anthony.Pipe at uwe.ac.uk.

UWE is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity to
create an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved
through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff
from many different backgrounds who share our ambition to be a
university recognised for the success and impact of our
practice-oriented programmes; our strong industry networks and our
inclusive global outlook.