Connectionists: Call for Abstracts: Bernstein Conference 2017

Zrinka Gattin zrinka at nld.ds.mpg.de
Wed Jun 14 10:39:44 EDT 2017

*Call for Abstracts: Bernstein Conference 201**7*
*
**New deadline for abstract submission:*
June 28, 2017 for abstracts aimed as contributed talks and posters
July 31, 2017 abstracts aimed as posters only

Satellite Workshops September 12-13, 2017
Main Conference September 13-15, 2017
PhD Symposium September 12 & 15, 2017

The Bernstein Conference started out as the annual meeting of the
Bernstein Network Computational Neuroscience and has become the largest
annual Computational Neuroscience conference in Europe with more than
500 international participants in recent years. This year the conference
is organized by the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience
Göttingen. The main conference (Sep 13-15, 2017) will be accompanied by
satellite workshops (Sep 12-13, 2017) and a PhD symposium (Sep 12 & 15,
2017). An important part of the main conference will be the two poster
sessions.

We are now inviting the submission of abstracts from all relevant areas.
Authors of most accepted abstracts will get the chance for a poster
presentation, a small number of abstracts will be selected for
contributed talks during the main conference. Please note the earlier
submission deadline for authors applying for a talk. All accepted
abstracts will be published online and will be citable via Digital
Object Identifiers (DOI).

*DETAILS FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION:*
Please note that the submission of an abstract does not replace the
conference registration (www.bernstein-conference.de/registration
<http://www.nncn.de/de/bernstein-conference/2017/registration>).
Poster space is limited and early submission is encouraged.
For abstract submission visit:
www.nncn.de/en/bernstein-conference/2017/abstracts
<http://www.nncn.de/de/bernstein-conference/2017/abstracts>

*ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINES:*
Posters to be considered as contributed talks: June 28, 2017
Other posters: July 31, 2017

*TRAVEL GRANTS*

To support the participation of young researchers at the Bernstein
Conference, the Bernstein Coordination Site offers 10 Travel Grants,
each endowed with 500 €. Please find further information under
www.nncn.de/en/bernstein-conference/2017/travel-grant
<http://www.nncn.de/de/bernstein-conference/2017/travel-grant>

*CONFERENCE DETAILS:*
Conference registration is *OPEN*

Early registration deadline: July 09, 2017

*ACCOMMODATION AND HOTEL RESERVATION:*
*We strongly recommend early room booking!*
*The number of available accommodation is limited due to several
concurrent events. And many Hotels in Göttingen are already booked out
for that week!*
We arranged for room contingents in a variety of hotels that you may
book by yourself by email or phone.
Please follow the instructions at our Accommodations Website
(http://www.nncn.de/de/bernstein-conference/2017/venue/accommodation).
We would like to emphasize that these room contingents will be held open
up to different expiration dates depending
on the hotel (or until they are filled). Many expiration dates are
already mid of June 2017.
We strongly encourage participants to share rooms and to book rooms as a
group.
*We emphasize that it will be very difficult to book accommodation
beyond the expiration dates. *
Please find a list of the hotels at our Accommodations Website.

VENUE Satellite Workshops, Main Conference and PhD Symposium:
The Central Lecture Hall (ZHG), Platz der Göttinger Sieben 5, 37073
Göttingen, Germany

VENUE Public Lecture: Alte Mensa, Wilhelmsplatz 1, 37073 Göttingen,
Germany, September 13, 2017, 8 pm

For more information on the conference, please visit the
websitehttp://www.bernstein-conference.de

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Göttingen!
Program chair: Fred Wolf
Koordinator: Zrinka Gattin

Co-Organizers: Bernstein Coordination Site (BCOS):
Alexandra Stein, Kerstin Schwarzwaelder

--
Dr Zrinka Gattin
Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience (BCCN) Goettingen

Phone:    +49 (0)551 5176 418
Fax:      +49 (0)551 5176 14418
E-Mail:zrinka at nld.ds.mpg.de