Connectionists: call for proposals - funding of up to 2 milllion euros

Razvan Valentin Florian florian at coneural.org
Tue Jun 16 06:48:20 EDT 2015

The Romanian Institute of Science and Technology invites applications
for research projects to be funded with up to 2 million euros for up to
4 years with European structural funds awarded by the Romanian National
Authority for Research and Innovation. The current call is targeted to
fund projects led by scientists having research or doctoral experience
outside Romania. About 50 projects will be funded.

Machine learning and related fields, and especially deep learning,
recurrent neural networks, Bayesian approaches, general artificial
intelligence, curiosity-based learning,  robotics, and computational
neuroscience are strategic areas for our institute, although we welcome
scientists working in all fields of science. The projects may include
basic research and must include a component of applied research or
development. Eligible application areas include analyzing and managing
big data, internet of things, internet of the future, agricultural
robotics, autonomous driving, autonomous transportation, intelligent
cities, technologies and methods for software development, new
computational models.

Scientists are invited to send us an expression of interest at
office at rist.ro by June 30, 2015, including a brief abstract of the
project, a CV and a list of publications, or links to webpages including
this information.

Following the approval, scientists will write the full applications with
the administrative assistance of our staff and the institute will submit
the applications for assessment to the National Authority for Research
and Innovation. The deadline for submitting the full proposals to the
institute depends on the number of expressions of interest, and will
likely be August 15, 2015. The deadline for the institute to submit the
final applications is September 1, 2015.

More information is available at
http://rist.ro/en/details/news/call-for-scientists.html#pk_campaign=connectionists

---
Razvan Valentin Florian
Director, Romanian Institute of Science and Technology