Connectionists: Faculty positions at Imperial College London

Hobson, Kate k.hobson at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 17 10:47:31 EDT 2014

Dear Colleague,

There are a number of academic positions opening in the Department of Bioengineering at Imperial College London (see below for an extract from, and link to, the departmental ad).

Although the positions are general (within Bioengineering), we would like to encourage applications within the area of Neurotechnology. Of particular interest are individuals with a track record in translational neurotechnology research. Kickstarted by the award of a £10M EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Neurotechnology for Life and Health, we have recently established a new cross-disciplinary Centre for Neurotechnology integrating research across the Faculties of Engineering, Life Sciences and Medicine. The Centre will have approximately 70 4-year PhD studentships on offer over the next 5 years, making it an extremely attractive place to launch a research career in Neurotechnology (see http://www.imperial.ac.uk/neurotechnology).

--

Due to rapid growth and the strategic importance of the discipline of bioengineering at Imperial College London, the Department of Bioengineering wishes to appoint up to four individuals at Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor) or Senior Lecturer (equivalent to Associate Professor) grade. This is an open call in which we are looking for outstanding candidates in any field of Bioengineering.

Candidates should have an advanced degree (PhD or equivalent) in an appropriate science or engineering discipline and will have demonstrated an ability to generate and execute research at an internationally-leading level. Evidence of teaching at all levels is also required.

A link to the job ad can be found at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment ; select "job search" and enter keyword EN20140342FH.  Closing date 4th December 2014.

Kate Hobson | Centre Administrator
Centre for Neurotechnology | Imperial College London