Connectionists: CFP: AISec-2014 Deadline Extension

Christos Dimitrakakis christos.dimitrakakis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:36:51 EDT 2014

Call For Papers

AISec 2014
7th ACM Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Security
Held in Conjunction with ACM CCS 2014
http://www.cse.chalmers.se/~aikmitr/AISec2014.html
November 7, 2014
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA

The relation of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and data
mining to security and privacy problems is ever-more critical, with AI
algorithms controlling important infrastructure, such as electrical
grids, road networks and healthcare applications. More generally, AI and
ML are increasingly important for autonomous real-time analysis and
decision-making in domains with a wealth of data or that require quick
reactions to ever-changing situations. Particularly, these intelligent
technologies offer new solutions to security problems involving Big Data
analysis, which can be scaled through cloud-computing. Further, the use
of learning methods in security sensitive domains creates new frontiers
for security research, in which adversaries may attempt to mislead or
evade intelligent machines. The 2014 ACM Workshop on Artificial
Intelligence and Security (AISec) provides a venue for presenting and
discussing new developments in this fusion of security/privacy with AI
and machine learning.

We invite original research papers relating to the theory and
applications of AI or machine learning for security, privacy and related
problems. We also invite position and open problem papers discussing the
role of AI or machine learning in security and privacy. Submitted papers
of these types may not substantially overlap papers that have been
published previously or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal
or conference/workshop proceedings. This year, we also invite
presentation-only papers, describing research published or submitted in
2014.

* Paper format *

This year we invite both original submissions and presentation-only
papers. Please indicate the type of submission when submitting.

Original submissions: This include original research, and open
problem/position papers. They must be at most 10 pages in double-column
ACM format (note: pages must be numbered) excluding the bibliography and
well-marked appendices, and at most 12 pages overall. Committee members
are not required to read the appendices, so the paper should be
intelligible without them. Submissions need not be anonymized. We
recommend the use of the ACM SIG Proceedings templates for submissions.
The ACM format is the required template for the camera-ready version.
Accepted papers will be published by the ACM Digital Library and/or ACM
Press. Both research and open problem papers will undergo a thorough
review process.

Presentation-only papers: As an experiment, this year we also invite
presentation-only papers, for research currently under review elsewhere
or published in 2014. These need not adhere to the ACM format and will
not be published in the proceedings. They will undergo a light review
for correctness, relevance and importance. Priority will be given to
original submissions.

Important Dates

Paper submissions due: 30 July 2014
Acceptance notification: 25 August 2014
Camera ready (FIRM DEADLINE): 9 September 2014
Workshop: 7 November 2014

Submissions

Submissions can be made through EasyChair at:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aisec2014

Topics

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

Theoretical topics related to security

- Adversarial Learning
- Robust Statistics
- Learning in stochastic games
- Online learning
- Differential-privacy

Security Applications
- Computer Forensics
- Spam detection
- Phishing detection & prevention
- Botnet detection
- Intrusion detection and response
- Malware identification
- Authorship Identification
- Big data analytics for security

Security-related AI problems
- Distributed inference and decision making for security
- Secure multiparty computation and cryptographic approaches
- Privacy-preserving data mining
- Adaptive side-channel attacks
- Design and analysis of CAPTCHAs
- AI approaches to trust and reputation
- Vulnerability testing through intelligent probing (e.g. fuzzing)
- Content-driven security policy management & access control
- Techniques and methods for generating training and test sets
- Anomalous behavior detection (e.g. for the purpose of fraud detection,
authentication)

Program Chairs

- Christos Dimitrakakis, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Katerina Mitrokotsa, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Benjamin I. P. Rubinstein, The University of Melbourne, Australia

Program Committee:

- Battista Biggio, University of Cagliari, Italy
- Michael Brückner, Amazon.com Inc, Germany
- Alvaro A. Cárdenas, University of Texas at Dallas, TX, USA
- Kamalika Chaudhuri, University of California at San Diego, CA, USA
- Rachel Greenstadt, Drexel University, PA, USA
- Guofei Gu, Texas A&M University, TX, USA
- Anthony Joseph, UC Berkeley, CA, USA
- Alex Kantchelian, UC Berkeley, CA, USA
- Pavel Laskov, University of Tübingen, Germany
- Daniel Lowd, University of Oregon, OR, USA
- Pratyusa Manadhata, HP Labs, USA
- Roberto Perdisci, University of Georgia, GA, USA
- Vasyl Pihur, Google Inc., CA, USA
- Konrad Rieck, University of Göttingen, Germany
- Fabio Roli, University of Cagliari, Italy
- Robin Sommer, ICSI and LBNL, CA, USA
- Jessica Staddon, Google Inc., CA, USA
- Doug Tygar, UC Berkeley, CA, USA
- Shobha Venkataraman, AT&T Research, USA

--
Christos Dimitrakakis
http://www.cse.chalmers.se/~chrdimi/