Connectionists: Call for Papers - Special Issue on "Advances in Mathematical and Computational Modelling for Biological Data"

ciaramella at uniparthenope.it ciaramella at uniparthenope.it
Thu Jul 24 12:14:26 EDT 2014

Dear all

it is my pleasure to invite you and members of your research group to
submit an article for a special issue of the Journal of Applied
Mathematics (Hindawi), on the subject of Mathematical and
Computational Modelling for Biological Data for which I will serve as
Lead Guest Editor.

Journal of Applied Mathematics (http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jam/)
is a refereed journal devoted to the publication of original research
papers and review articles in all areas of applied, computational, and
industrial mathematics (I.F. 0.834, it is included in several
databases/resources, among others Scopus).

The aim of the special issue is to review the recent research advances
in the fields of mathematical and computational methods concerning
biological data. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:

       ?	Mathematical and computational methods
       ?	Statistical models
       ?	Iterative methods
       ?	Machine learning and data mining techniques
       ?	Soft computing, fuzzy, and neurofuzzy methodologies
       ?	Nonlinear data analysis approaches.

Particularly when applied to:

       ?	OMICs and high, throughput data in the broad context of
genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics
       ?	Models capable of explaining the pathogenesis or predicting
the predisposition and/or the clinical outcome of human diseases
       ?	The evaluation of protein folding and/or protein ligand
interactions (where ligands are proteins, DNA, RNA, and small
molecules), also in the context of genetic variation
       ?	The identification of potential gene regulatory elements
(i.e., binding of transcription factors, and miRNAs)

Furthermore, software tools designed for addressing any of the above
topics might be also considered relevant for the issue.

You can find full details about the Special Issues at:

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jam/si/670760/cfp/

Sincerely,
Angelo Ciaramella

  --------------------------------------
| Dr. Angelo Ciaramella, Ph.D          |
| Department of Science and Technology |
| University of Naples "Parthenope"    |
| Room 431, Isola C4,                  |
| Centro Direzionale                   |
| I-80143 Napoli, ITALY                |
| Tel.:  0815476674                    |

IL MERITO DEGLI STUDENTI VIENE RICONOSCIUTO

Il 5 per mille all'Universita' degli Studi di Napoli "Parthenope" incrementa le borse di studio agli studenti - codice fiscale 80018240632
http://www.uniparthenope.it/index.php/5xmille

Questa informativa e' inserita in automatico dal sistema al fine esclusivo della realizzazione dei fini istituzionali dell'ente.