Connectionists: Brain-like computing fanfare and big data fanfare

james bower bower at uthscsa.edu
Tue Jan 28 21:13:02 EST 2014

On Jan 28, 2014, at 6:33 PM, Tsvi Achler <achler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I am not surprised that olfactory activation changes significantly
> between awake and anesthetized animals.

actually the results showed changing receptive fields during the awake state -

Bhalla, U. and Bower, J.M.  (1997) Multi-day recordings from olfactory bulb neurons in awake freely moving rats: Spatial and temporally organized variability in odorant response properties . J. Computational Neuroscience. 4: 221-256.

Jim Bower

San Antonio, Texas  78245

Phone:  210 382 0553