Connectionists: Brain-like computing fanfare and big data fanfare

Thomas Trappenberg tt at cs.dal.ca
Fri Jan 24 21:03:42 EST 2014

Thanks John for starting a discussion ... I think we need some. What I
liked most about your original post was asking about "What are the
underlying principles?" Let's make a list.
Of course, there are so many levels of organizations and mechanisms in the
brain, that we might speak about different things; but getting different
views would be fun and I think very useful (without the need to offer the
only and ultimate).

Cheers, Thomas Trappenberg

PS: John, I thought you started a good discussion before, but I got
discouraged by your polarizing views. I think a lot of us can relate to
you, but lhow about letting others come forward now?