Connectionists: IWANN 2015. International Work-Conference on Artificial Neural Networks.June 10-12, 2015 in Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, (Spain). Call for Papers

Ignacio Rojas irojas at ugr.es
Wed Dec 3 06:39:07 EST 2014

* Apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP.
* Please kindly forward to those who may be interested.
* Please DO NOT reply to this email. To unsubscribe send us an email to:
InfoIwann-request at ctima.uma.es. To obtain more information: iwann at ugr.es.

CALL FOR PAPERS

13th International Work-Conference on Artificial Neural Networks

(IWANN2015)

June 10-12, 2015 Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, (Spain).

 <http://iwann.ugr.es/> http://iwann.ugr.es/

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the Organizing Committee of the 13th International
Work-Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (IWANN2015), we are pleased to
invite you to participate in this event that will be held on June 10-12,
2015 in Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, (Spain).

This biennial meeting seeks to provide a discussion forum for scientists,
engineers, educators and students about the latest discoveries and
realizations in the foundations, theory, models and applications of systems
inspired on nature, using computational intelligence methodologies, as well
as in emerging areas related to the above items. We strongly emphasize the
wide range of topics comprised under the umbrella of IWANN2015, covering all
the fields that are usually referred to as "Computational Intelligence". In
this edition we are particularly interested in submissions dealing with:
Artificial Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, Evolutionary Computation, Machine
Learning, Artificial Cognitive Systems and Multidisciplinary Approaches

As in previous editions, IWANN aims to create a friendly environment that
could lead to the establishment or to strengthen scientific collaborations
and exchanges among attendees.  To emphasize this interactive atmosphere we
will propose a couple of trending research topics to be discussed in an
expert round table focus group. The results and conclusions will be shared
among all the IWANN2015 participants.

Besides, in this edition we offer the possibility to carry out a limited
number of virtual presentations for those who want to participate but they
have serious difficulties on travelling.

Moreover the presentation of demos and functional prototypes are encouraged.
Appropriate spaces will be reserved.

The proceedings will include all the presented communications to the
conference. As in previous editions of IWANN, we are arranging the
publication of the proceedings with Springer-Verlag as Lecture Notes in
Computer Science (LNCS) series, and the books will be available on-site.

It is also foreseen the publication of an extended version of selected
papers in a special issue on several specialized journals such as
Neurocomputing (Elsevier), Soft Computing (Springer) and Neural Processing
Letters (Springer). IWANN is included in the ranking of the best conferences
established by the Computer Science Conference Ranking based on the
"Estimated Impact of Conference (EIC)”, concretely in position 55 among 701
considered (in the Artificial Intelligence field), and in the rank B in
Computing Research and Education Association (CORE). Also the IWANN papers
are indexed by CiteSeer.IST, and by the organization Computing Research and
Education Association (CORE).

You can find extended information on IWANN web pages:

 <http://iwann.ugr.es/2015/> http://iwann.ugr.es/2015/

We hope this conference will be of your interest.

Best wishes

Andreu Català,  Gonzalo Joya,  Ignacio Rojas

Co-Chairmen IWANN 2015

Ignacio Rojas

Professor of Department of Computer Architecture and Computer Technology

Higher Technical School of Information Technology and Telecommunications
Engineering

Director of the  Information and Communications Technology Centre

University of Granada, Spain.

C\ Periodista Daniel Saucedo Aranda s/n, 18071 Granada (SPAIN).