Connectionists: Job listing: Algorithms Research Engineers (San Diego, CA & Mountain View, CA)

Arjun Bansal mindscience at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 22:19:20 EDT 2014

Nervana Systems (http://nervanasys.com) -- San Diego, CA & Mountain View, CA

We are a startup company with a great team, and top investors & advisors
(Bruno Olshausen and Jan Rabaey) looking to build out our Algorithms team.
If you love deep learning and want to be part of speeding up the algorithms
through custom hardware, there is no better opportunity and no better
location(s) to do it in (San Diego location is just 15 minutes from the
hottest surf spots!).

Here are the skills/experience we are looking for:
• Master's (or PhD, preferred) in computer science, electrical engineering
or related fields (statistics, applied math, computational neuroscience)
• Background in deep learning, applied machine learning & big data
• Familiarity with details of implementing algorithms on multi-core CPUs,
clusters (MPI), GPUs, heterogenous clusters, distributed frameworks (eg.
GraphLab, Spark, Hadoop)
• Experience designing professional software using C++, Python

Bonus:
• Experience with participating and winning Kaggle competitions
• Experience with hardware design (FPGAs, ASIC, SystemC, EDA tools)

We are hiring for San Diego and Bay Area locations.
We are early stage so generous equity, benefits, and competitive salaries
are available for the right candidates. We can also sponsor employment
visas as needed. Our work culture is family friendly and flexible. Please
email your resume to jobs at nervanasys.com.

http://nervanasys.com