Connectionists: More on fake conferences organized by WASET

Wlodzislaw Duch wduch at is.umk.pl
Thu Sep 20 09:39:15 EDT 2012

Lee Giles wrote:

>On the positive, all papers are free and readily accessed by the public.

People already lost conference fees that have not be refunded and the
conferences never took place.
See the following links:

http://comp-lite.blogspot.co.nz/2010/07/is-waset-fraud-whose-victims-keep-qu
iet.html

 <http://fromwillis.blogspot.co.nz> http://fromwillis.blogspot.co.nz

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/i_love_taiwan/TFx1WwltKl

http://neurobonkers.com/2012/01/16/is-this-journal-for-real-scientific-and-a
cademic-publishing/

They have 3490 conferences, many of them with stolen names.

http://www.waset.org/conferences.php

There is no positive side.  WASET has stolen the names of reputable
conferences, ex:

XXXIV. International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks is a fiction,
we had 12 ICANNs run by the European Neural Networks Society every year, and
as the President of the ENNS for past 6 years I'd certainly have heard about
another conference with this name that started earlier.

International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing, has
been 12 times in Poland, so how one can have XXXIII Conference? Where is
information about the previous ones? Can you recognize many other reputable
conferences on the WASET list that they have hijacked?

Perhaps a few are actually organized, but this does not change the facts.

With best regards,

Wlodek Duch

 <http://www.google.com/search?q=W.+Duch> Google: W. Duch