Connectionists: Assistant Professor Opening in Cognitive Neuroscience/Brain Imaging at Rutgers University-Newark Neuroscience

Mark A. Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Fri Jul 6 17:44:44 EDT 2012

The Center for Molecular & Behavioral Neuroscience  (CMBN) at Rutgers
University-Newark has an opening for a tenure-track Assistant
Professor in COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE/BRAIN IMAGING. The ideal
candidate is someone who uses brain imaging to ask fundamental
hypothesis-driven questions about brain structure and function. We
are particularly interested in candidates who use imaging in
combination with other methods such as behavioral methods, animal
research, neurocomputational modeling, genetics, and/or clinical
patient studies.

The applicant would be expected to be an active member of the Rutgers
Brain Imaging Center (RUBIC) and use our new
NSF-funded research-dedicated Siemens 3T TRIO magnet located on the
ground floor of the Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience
in Newark. This facility can also be used for animal imaging.

We seek a candidate who will interact well with a diverse community
of neuroscientists including molecular, systems, behavioral, and
cognitive neuroscientists. The candidate will be expected to
contribute to undergraduate research training and teach graduate
courses in neuroscience, mentor Ph.D. students in our Behavioral and
Neural Sciences graduate program, and maintain an active
externally-funded research program. Women and members of
underrepresented minorities are especially encouraged to apply;
Rutgers-Newark is noted for its exceptionally diverse student
population.

Although not required, a candidate who has current and transportable
external funding is preferred.

For more information on neuroscience at Rutgers-Newark
see http://www.neuroscience.newark.rutgers.edu. Additional
information on our brain imaging center is
at http://rubic.rutgers.edu/ .

Applicants should apply as soon as possible, but preferably no later
than September 15th, 2012.

To apply, please create four PDF files:

(1) Cover letter summarizing (a) past training, (b) future research
and professional goals, (c) past honors, grants, and fellowship
awards, current external grant awards with start and end dates, and
plans for future grant submissions, (d) why you are a good fit for
Rutgers/CMBN and visa versa, (e) names, affiliations, and email
addresses of three people whom you have contacted for letters of
recommendation, and (f) a one sentence precis of research interest
and activities,
(2) C.V.,
(3) Research Statement,
(4) One representative first-authored paper.

These four files should be emailed as PDF attachments
to mri at cmbn.rutgers.edu with a header:
    "<Candidate's last name, first name>. Cog Neuro Faculty Application".

In addition, all applicants should arrange for at least three letters
of recommendation to be emailed directly to the same email address,
with a header that reads:
    "<Candidate's last name, first name>: Recommendation from
<Reviewer's last name, first name>.

Dr. Mark A. Gluck,  Professor
   Director, Rutgers Memory Disorders Project
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University                                 Phone:  (973) 353-3668/3298
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102                   Email:  gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu

   Lab:  http://www.gluck.edu
   Memory Loss & Brain Newsletter: http://www.memorylossonline.com