Connectionists: new paper "Neural Relax" by E. Benedetti and M. Budinich

Marco Budinich marco.budinich at ts.infn.it
Thu Jul 5 12:38:52 EDT 2012

   Dear Connectionists,
we have a new paper, "Neural Relax", by E. Benedetti and M.B., due to appear in Neural Computation, which some of you could find interesting.

   You can download the preprint at: http://arxiv.org/abs/1107.5472v2 .

Abstract - We present an algorithm for data preprocessing of an associative memory inspired to an electrostatic problem that turns out to have intimate relations with information maximization.

   The central idea is an electrostatics-like force that allows a layer of Perceptrons to find a max info solution minimizing a well shaped energy function. Any comment is most welcome.

Sincerely, Marco Budinich

| Marco Budinich                                                  |
| Dipartimento di Fisica             Tel.:    +39 040 558 3391    |
| Via Valerio 2                      Fax.:    +39 040 558 3350    |
| 34127 Trieste  ITALY         e-mail:  marco.budinich at ts.infn.it |
|        www:  http://www.ts.infn.it/~mbh/MBHgeneral.html         |