Connectionists: Post-doctoral Position in Computer Vision at EPFL

Pascal Fua pascal.fua at epfl.ch
Wed Nov 10 03:37:03 EST 2010

EPFL's Computer Vision Lab ( http://cvlab.epfl.ch ) has several openings
for post-doctoral fellows in the field of Computer Vision. The position
is initially offered for 12 months and can be extended for up to 4
years. In particular, we are looking for people interested in:

- Video-based people tracking.  We are about to start a project
involving tracking multiple players in team sports, with a view to
deployment in major sports venues in 2012. See
http://cvlab.epfl.ch/research/body/surv/ for more details.

- Modeling neurons from microscopy images. Since microscopes now
routinely produce high-resolution imagery in such large quantities that
the need for automated processing and interpretation is becoming
critical, we are working on approaches to providing it. See
http://cvlab.epfl.ch/research/medical/neurons/ for more details.

Position:

The Computer Vision laboratory offers a creative international
environment, a possibility to conduct competitive research on a global
scale, and involvement in teaching. There will be ample opportunities to
cooperate with some of the best groups in Europe and the USA.

EPFL is located next to Lake Geneva in a beautiful setting 60 kilometers
away from the city of Geneva. Salaries are in the range CHF 70000 to
80000 per year, the precise amount to be determined by EPFL's department
of human resources.

Education:

Applicants are expected to have finished, or be about to finish their
Ph.D. degrees, to have a strong background in the area of Computer
Vision and/or Medical Image Processing, and to have a track record of
publications in top conferences and journals such as CVPR, ICCV, PAMI,
IJCV. Strong programming skills (C or C++) are a plus. French language
skills are not required, English is mandatory.

Application:

Applications must be sent by email to Prof. P. Fua (pascal.fua at epfl.ch).
They must contain a statement of interest, a CV, a list of publications,
and the names of three references.