Benchmarks

Dean Z. Douthat DOUTHAT at A.ISI.EDU
Tue Jun 6 06:52:25 EDT 2006

I am interested in your proposals for benchmarks for machine learning systems.
We are doing research on machine learning that is out of the mainstream of
connectionist and PDP approaches.  One such project involves Genetic
Algorithms and Classifiers following the theories of J. Holland et al.
Benchmarks that can be standardized and used to compare not only different
designs within a given technical approach but also to compare across such
approaches are of great interest.

Your proposal deserves elaboration and formalization.  Would you undertake to
do so?  Could the FSA benchmark be considered one of a series of increasing
difficulty with say, pushdown stack automata next and so on?

BTW: what is an "infitary" system?

Dean Z. Douthat
Institute for the Study of Intelligent Systems [ISIS]
P.O. Box 669
Ann Arbor MI  48105-0669
(313)747-9170
-------