AMAM2005, final call for abstracts March 21

AUKE IJSPEERT auke.ijspeert at epfl.ch
Fri Mar 18 05:14:28 EST 2005

Dear Connectionist colleagues,

The extended deadline for AMAM 2005 (the 3rd International Symposium on
Adaptive Motion in Animals and Machines, see
http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/amam), March 21st 2005, is approaching fast.

To hold keynotes ("Basics & Advances in ...") we have confirmations from
the following colleagues:

Biology & Mechanics:
        Roy Ritzmann
        Martin S. Fischer
Biology & Control:
        Sten Grillner
Robotics & Control:
        Ruediger Dillmann
Robotics & Mechanics:
        Martin Buehler

If you do know a colleague who could be interested in the conference and
whom we perhaps missed to contact, please be so kind to point her or him
on the symposium's website
http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/amam
or  alternately please forward the flyer which can be found at
http://wcms1.rz.tu-ilmenau.de/fakmb/fileadmin/template/amam/div/flyer.pdf

Especially contributions from the "mechanical side" (may it be "bio" or
"robotics") would be welcome, to balance out with the up to now
numerically over-represented papers on control aspects  - "embodiment"
could be represented a little bit more. Please note that we shall
realize a robot zoo, and that machine presentation in combination with
the abstract (with ISBN) will be accepted as a contribution - the offer
to have an additional long paper (with ISBN) really is an offer and no urge!

We hope to meet you in September in Ilmenau,

Auke Jan Ijspeert for the International Organizing Committee
Hartmut Witte for the Local Organizers