Connectionists: postdoc position available

Robert Jacobs robbie at bcs.rochester.edu
Tue Apr 26 09:10:27 EDT 2005

A postdoctoral position is available in the lab of Robert Jacobs,
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, University of Rochester.
The lab focuses on computational and experimental studies of
learning, often in the context of visual or multisensory perception.

For example, members of our lab work on defining statistically
optimal models of aspects of perception, the development of novel
machine learning algorithms for efficiently learning to perform
perceptual tasks, and perceptual experiments with humans that compare
human performance with Bayesian optimal performance and with the
performance of relevant machine learning algorithms.

The postdoctoral fellow will be part of a larger community
dedicated to the study of learning and developmental plasticity.

Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.

Applicants should send a vita, research statement, recent
publications, and the names of three individuals who can
write letters of recommendation to:

   LDB Postdoctoral Search Committee
   Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
   Meliora Hall, River Campus
   University of Rochester
   Rochester, NY 14627-0268

More information about our lab can be obtained at
    http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/people/robbie/robbie.html

Information about the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
can be obtained at
    http://www.bcs.rochester.edu

Robert Jacobs
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627-0268
phone: 585-275-0753
fax: 585-442-9216