Book announcement: Algorithmic Inference in Machine Learning

Dario Malchiodi malchiodi at dsi.unimi.it
Fri Oct 10 11:06:26 EDT 2003

Apologizing for cross-posting

Dear Colleagues,
It is our pleasure to announce the availability of our book

Algorithmic Inference in Machine Learning
(International Series on Advanced Intelligence, Vol. 5)
ISBN 0-9751004-2-4

(see http://laren.dsi.unimi.it/aibook)

This book offers a new theoretical framework for modern statistical
inference problems, generally referred to as learning problems. They
arise in connection with hard operational contexts to be managed in the
lack of all necessary knowledge. The success of their solutions lies in
a suitable mix of computational skill  in processing the available data
and sophisticated attitude  in stating logical relations between their
properties and the expected behavior of candidate solutions. The
framework is discussed through rigorous mathematical statements in the
province of probability theory and a highly comprehensive style.
Theoretical concepts are introduced using examples from everyday life.

The book can be ordered to

Advanced Knowledge International Pty Ltd
PO Box 228
Magill, Adelaide
South Australia SA 5072
Australia
Email: info at innoknowledge.com
Fax: +61-8-8332-6805

or on-line at amazon.com:
qid=1065775131/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-1284135-9639054?v=glance&s=books

A numerical tool is growing for computing statistics according to our
framework. The tool is available through the web site
http://laren.dsi.unimi.it/TAP, and we hope for your suggestions and
comments.
Sincerely,
Bruno Apolloni, Dario Malchiodi and Sabrina Gaito