Paper available: Response of spiking neurons to correlated inputs

Nestor Parga Carballeda nestor at ftnp.ft.uam.es
Wed Mar 19 18:14:19 EST 2003

Dear colleagues,

We would like to announce the following paper, which has
appeared in Phys. Rev. Lett:

Response of spiking neurons to correlated inputs
R. Moreno, J. de la Rocha, A. Renart and N. Parga
Phys Rev Lett, 31 Dec 2002.

A pre-print version of this work is available at:

http://ket.ft.uam.es/~neurociencia/publications.html

Best regards

Nestor Parga

Title:
Response of Spiking Neurons to Correlated Inputs

Authors:
Ruben Moreno, Jaime de la Rocha, Alfonso Renart and Nestor Parga

Abstract:

The effect of a temporally correlated afferent current
on the firing rate of a leaky integrate-and-fire (LIF)
neuron is studied. This current is characterized in
terms of rates, auto- and cross-correlations, and
correlation time scale Tc of excitatory and inhibitory
inputs. The output rate is calculated in the Fokker-Planck
formalism in the limit of both small and large Tc
compared to the membrane time constant of the neuron.
By simulations we check the analytical results, provide
an interpolation valid for all Tc and study the neuron's
reponse to rapid changes in the correlation magnitude.

|  Nestor Parga                    |                                |
|                                  | Phone :  (+34) 91-397-4542     |
|  Dpto. de Fisica Teorica, C-XI   | Fax   :  (+34) 91-397-3936     |
|  Universidad Autonoma de Madrid  | E-mail:   nestor at ftnp.ft.uam.es|
|  28049 Madrid, SPAIN             |           parga at delta.ft.uam.es|
|            http://ket.ft.uam.es/~neurociencia/nestor              |