New software for ICA and BSS

Andrzej CICHOCKI cia at bsp.brain.riken.go.jp
Thu Aug 22 22:52:38 EDT 2002

[Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]

We would like to announce availability of  software packages
called ICALAB   for ICA (Independent Component Analysis),
BSS  (Blind Sources Separation)
and BSE  (Blind Signal Extraction).

ICALAB for Signal Processing and ICALAB for Image Processing are two
independent  packages for MATLAB that implement a number of efficient
algorithms for ICA  employing HOS (higher order statistics), BSS
employing SOS (second order statistics) and LTP (linear temporal
prediction), and  BSE  employing various SOS and HOS methods.

After some data preprocessing, these packages can also be used also for
MICA (multidimensional independent component analysis) and NIBSS (non
independent blind source separation).

The main features of both packages are an easy-to-use graphical user
interface, and implementation of computationally powerful and
efficient algorithms .

Some implemented algorithms are robust with respect to additive white noise.

The packages are available on  our web pages:

http://www.bsp.brain.riken.go.jp/ICALAB/

Any critical comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Best regards,

Andrzej Cichocki