postdoc position available

Robbie Jacobs robbie at bcs.rochester.edu
Wed Oct 24 11:24:42 EDT 2001

Below is an ad for a postdoctoral position in my laboratory.  Although
the readers of this list are primarily computational, you (or someone
you know) may be interested in gaining expertise in visual psychophysics
and virtual reality.

Robert Jacobs
Brain and Cognitive Sciences
Center for Visual Science
University of Rochester

             POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW POSITION IN VISUAL PSYCHOPHYSICS

                             PI: Robert Jacobs
                          Center for Visual Science
                 Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
                           University of Rochester

A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the lab of Robert
Jacobs, Center for Visual Science and the Department of Brain and
Cognitive Sciences, University of Rochester.  The lab focuses on
experimental and computational studies of visual learning with respect
to mid-level and high-level visual functions, particularly on
experience-dependent perception of visual depth.  Some projects in our
lab study observers' abilities to recalibrate their interpretations of
individual visual cues, other projects study how observers adapt their
visual cue combination strategies, and still other projects examine
how information from other perceptual modalities (such as haptic or
auditory percepts) influence how observers interpret and combine
information from visual cues.  We have a well-equipped lab that
includes access to a wide variety of virtual reality equipment for
creating visual, auditory, and haptic environments.

You can learn more about our lab (and obtain several of our papers) from:
   http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/bcs/people/faculty/robbie/robbie.html

You can learn more about the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences from:
   http://www.bcs.rochester.edu

You can learn more about the Center for Visual Science from:
   http://www.cvs.rochester.edu

Interested candidates should send a vita, a research statement, recent
publications, and the names of three individuals who can write letters
of recommendation to:

   Robert Jacobs
   Brain and Cognitive Sciences
   Meliora Hall, River Campus