NETWORK: Computation in Neural Systems

Network Editor neted at anc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 10:20:47 EST 2001

Please see below the contents for the current issue of NETWORK:
Computation in Neural Systems.

NETWORK is always striving to reduce the time taken in processing
submitted papers.  Here are some figures for the past year:

- For accepted papers, our median receipt-to-final decision time was
157 days.

- For rejected papers, our median receipt-to-final decision time was
137 days.

- Note that for accepted papers, the median receipt-to-FIRST decision
time was 94 days.  The difference of 63 days was in most part due to
authors carrying out revisions required prior to publication.

NETWORK is available electronically (http://www.iop.org/journals/ne).  For
non-subscribers the current issue is freely accessible
(http://www.iop.org/free2001).

Professor David Willshaw
Editor-in-Chief
NETWORK: Computation in Neural Systems
Institute for Adaptive & Neural Computation
Division of Informatics
University of Edinburgh
5 Forrest Hill
Edinburgh  EH1 2QL
UK

Tel: +44-(0)131-650 4404
Fax: +44-(0)131-650 4406

Email: neted at anc.ed.ac.uk

NETWORK: Computation in Neural Systems, volume 12, issue 4

Pages: 409-516

PAPERS

409
Effect of lateral connections on the accuracy of the population code for a
network of spiking neurons

M Spiridon and W Gerstner

423
Speed of feedforward and recurrent processing in multilayer networks of
integrate-and-fire neurons

S Panzeri, E T Rolls, F Battaglia and R Lavis

441
Neural coding and decoding: communication channels and quantization

A G Dimitrov and J P Miller

473
Pattern recognition in a compartmental model
of a CA1 pyramidal neuron

B P Graham

493
A hybrid learning network for shift, orientation, and scaling invariant pattern recognition

R Wang

BOOK REVIEW

513
Mechanisms of Cortical Development

D J Price and D J Willshaw (reviewed by P Kind)

515