Two PhD Studentships at HONDA R&D Europe

Heiko Wersing heiko.wersing at hre-ftr.f.rd.honda.co.jp
Wed Nov 29 11:24:28 EST 2000

Two PhD Studentships at HONDA R&D Europe

Systems, which support humans in their complex and dynamic
environments and help to save natural resources, are the aim of the
Future Technology Research Division of HONDA R&D EUROPE (Deutschland).

In close cooperation with national and international research
institutions, we develop intelligent systems based on neural
architectures and evolutionary processes for the design and
optimisation of technical systems. One example for the leading-edge
fundamental research activities at HONDA is the development of
the walking humanoid robots P3 (see http://www.honda-p3.com/)
and Asimo.

Our research centre is located in Offenbach/Main, next to
Frankfurt/Main, the financial capital of Europe with its
international flair. Candidates will work in a high-class team
conducting leading-edge research in computational intelligence.

As part of a national research project on learning systems, we are
looking for two researchers to strengthen our young and dynamic team.
The positions will focus on behaviour-based learning and evolutionary
principles for structure adaptation with applications to robotics,
man-machine interaction, and computer vision.
Due to the nature of the project the positions are initially limited
to a period of 3 years. The candidates will be supported to do a
doctorate degree.

Applicants should have a Diploma or Master degree in physics, computer
science or electrical engineering and enjoy to work in a
multidisciplinary research project in an international team. The
candidates should be fluent in English or German.

Please send your application to:

Prof. Dr.-Ing habil. Edgar Körner
Future Technology Research Division
HONDA R&D EUROPE (Deutschland) GmbH