ESANN'2001 - special sessions

Tue Nov 14 03:33:04 EST 2000

|                    ESANN'2001                    |
|              9th European Symposium              |
|           on Artificial Neural Networks          |
|      Bruges (Belgium) - April 25-26-27, 2001     |
|         Call for papers: special sessions        |
|    (deadline for submissions: 8 December 2000)   |

The ESANN'2001 conference will include six special sessions organized by
renowned scientists in their respective fields:

- Neural networks in finance
- Artificial neural networks and early vision processing
- Artificial neural networks for Web computing
- Dedicated hardware implementations: perspectives on systems and
applications
- Novel neural transfer functions
- Neural networks and evolutionary/genetic algorithms - hybrid approaches

You will find below a short description of these special sesions.
Contributions to these special sessions are welcome, as on any other topic
covered by the ESANN conference.  For other details on topics, submission
procedure, etc., please consult the Web pages of the conference
(http://www.dice.ucl.ac.be/esann).

The ESANN'2001 conference is technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Neural
Networks Council (TBC), the IEEE Region 8, the IEEE Benelux Section, and the
International Neural Networks Society.

Neural networks in finance
Organised by M. Cottrell, Univ. Paris I (France), E. de Bodt, Univ. Lille II
(France) & UCL Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)

Since a long time, many applications of statistical and econometric tools
have been realized on data issued from financial markets. It is not
necessary to emphasize the economic dimension of those works. To be able to
forecast, even only on a very short term, a stock index would obviously be
of a lot of value for professionals. Those works have raised many questions.