announcing a software

Chih-jen Lin cjlin at csie.ntu.edu.tw
Mon May 8 14:45:23 EDT 2000

Dear Colleagues:

We announce the release of the software LIBSVM, a
support vector machines (SVM) library for
classification problems by Chih-Chung Chang and
Chih-Jen Lin.

Most available SVM software are either quite complicated
or are not suitable for large problems.
Instead of seeking a very fast software for difficult
problems, we provide a simple, easy-to-use, and
moderately efficient package for SVM classification.
We hope this library helps users from other fields
to easily use SVM as a tool. We also provide a
graphic interface to demonstrate 2-D pattern recognition.

The current release (Version 1.0) is available from

  http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/libsvm

Any comments are very welcome.

Sincerely,
Chih-Jen Lin