Lecturer in Computer Science (3 posts)

Xin Yao X.Yao at cs.bham.ac.uk
Wed Apr 19 06:44:16 EDT 2000

Dear colleagues,

We are currently inviting applications for the following three posts.
Evolutionary and natural computation is one of the areas that we are
particularly interested in. General enquiries should be directed to the
HoS (contact info below). I'm happy to answer questions related to the
research activities in evolutionary and natural computation.

Preliminary announcement: A three-year research fellowship in evolutionary
computation in the School of CS at the University of Birmingham will be
advertised formally soon. Informal enquiries can be made to me.

Best regards,
Xin Yao
(x.yao at cs.bham.ac.uk)

URL for further particulars: http://www.bham.ac.uk/personnel/s35434.htm

REFERENCE NUMBER 	S35434/00
JOB TITLE 		Lecturer in Computer Science (3 posts)
DEPARTMENT/SCHOOL 	School of Computer Science
HOURS 			Full time
STARTING SALARY 	On Lecturer A or B scale in the range
                        GBP17,238 - 30,065 per annum
                        (Depending on experience and qualifications)
DURATION 		Open
STARTING DATE 		As soon as possible
INFORMAL ENQUIRIES 	Prof Achim Jung (Head of School)
                        phone (+44) 121 414 4776
                        email: A.Jung at cs.bham.ac.uk
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
                        Late applications may be considered
APPLICATION FORMS RETURNABLE TO
                        The Director of Personnel Services
                        The University of Birmingham
                        Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
                        England
RECRUITMENT OFFICE FAX NUMBER:
			+44 121 414 4802
RECRUITMENT OFFICE TELEPHONE NUMBER:
			+44 121 414 6486
RECRUITMENT OFFICE E-MAIL ADDRESS:
                        h.h.luong at bham.ac.uk

Applications are invited for three Lectureships in Computer Science at the
University of Birmingham.

Applications from all areas of Computer Science will be considered but
preference will be given to candidates who show promise in the areas
discussed below. (See the web page for more details)

The successful candidate should have or be about to complete a PhD in
Computer Science or an appropriate, closely related
field. (S)he is expected to have research experience as evidenced by
publications in leading international journals or
conference proceedings. The research potential of a new PhD may also be
judged from his/her PhD thesis.

The successful candidate must have the commitment to achieve excellence in
teaching at all levels (from undergraduate
teaching to research student supervision), including teaching subjects
that may not be in his/her research areas.

All academic staff are also expected to help with administration.