Trading Research/Programmer Positions Chicago

Lester Ingber ingber at ingber.com
Wed Apr 14 06:26:56 EDT 1999

Trading Research/Programmer Positions Chicago

* Open R&D Positions in Computational Finance/Chicago
DRW Investments, LLC, a proprietary trading firm based at the Chicago
Mercantile Exchange, with a branch office in London, is expanding its
research department.  This R&D group works directly with other traders
as well develops its own automated trading capabilities.

* Programmers/Analysts   --  Full Time
At least 2-3 years experience programming in C or C++.  Must have
excellent background in Math, Physics, or similar disciplines.  An
advanced programmer/analyst position will be primarily dedicated to
developing and coding algorithms for automated trading.  An
intermediate programmer/analyst position will be primarily dedicated to
database management and integrating R&D codes for trader support.
Flexible hours in intense environment.  Requires strong commitment to
several ongoing projects with shifting priorities.  See
http://www.ingber.com/ for some papers and code used on current
projects.  Please email Lester Ingber <ingber at drwtrading.com> a resume
regarding this position.

* Graduate Students  --  Part Time
We are looking for part-time graduate students in computational finance
who might impact our trading practices.  We expect that each graduate
student will be a full-time PhD student at a local university, spending
approximately 10-20 hours/week at DRW.  Projects will focus on
publishable results.  See http://www.ingber.com/ for some papers on
current projects.  Please email Lester Ingber <ingber at drwtrading.com> a
resume regarding these positions.

* Trading Clerks -- Full Time
We are seeking motivated individuals with a strong work ethic and desire
to learn about trading.  Our primary focus is on financial futures and
options.  Responsibilities include actively assisting traders in all
aspects of trading.  Exposure to math including calculus and statistics
is desirable.  Please email Jeff Levoff <jlf at drwtrading.com> a resume
or any questions regarding these positions.

* Additional Information
We are planning our move to larger offices in our present vicinity of
the Chicago exchanges before August 1999.  Programmer/analyst and
graduate student positions will be filled after our move.

* Updates
Updates on the status of open DRW positions will be placed in
http://www.ingber.com/MISC.DIR/drw_open_positions

--
 /* Lester Ingber      http://www.ingber.com/       ftp://ftp.ingber.com *
  * ingber at ingber.com  ingber at alumni.caltech.edu   ingber at drwtrading.com *