ICCIN'98: Student funding available, deadline: August 1

georgiou@wiley.csusb.edu georgiou at wiley.csusb.edu
Mon Jul 20 03:49:58 EDT 1998

		   3rd International Conference on

	COMPUTATIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND NEUROSCIENCE (ICCIN'98)

	     Sheraton Imperial Hotel & Convention Center
		Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
	  October 24-28, 1998 (Tutorials are on October 23)

	 New Deadline for Student Paper Submissions: August 1
		   ARO Financial Support Available

The organizers of ICCIN '98 and the Joint Conference on Information
Sciences are pleased to announce that the Mathematical and Computer
Sciences Division of the Army Research Office has become a sponsor of
JCIS'98. Registration and travel stipends for students with accepted
papers to ICCIN '98 and JCIS'98 will be made available.

To accommodate this late breaking good news, the deadline for student
papers to ICCIN '98 and JCIS '98 will be extended to August 1,
1998. All papers will undergo rapid peer review.  A student paper
constitutes a paper with significant student involvement; it need not
be a paper where the student is the first or primary author. For the
purposes of this announcement, "students" include, but are not limited
to grad students, post-docs and research fellows.

Some funds may be available for students who wish to attend the
conference but who do not present research findings.  However,
preference will be given to those students actually presenting
research findings on work in computational intelligence, neural
networks, control and systems theory and other topics relevant to the
JCIS '98.

Students who have already submitted papers and would like to be
considered for funding please send a note to georgiou at csci.csusb.edu .

Conference Co-chairs:

Subhash C. Kak, Louisiana State University
Jeffrey P. Sutton, Harvard University

Plenary Speakers include the following:

|James Anderson   |Panos J. Antsaklis |John Baillieul  |Walter Freeman  |
|-----------------+-------------------+----------------+----------------|
|David Fogel      |Stephen Grossberg  |Stuart Hameroff |Yu Chi Ho       |
|-----------------+-------------------+----------------+----------------|
|Thomas S.Huang   |George J. Klir     |Teuvo Kohonen   |John Koza       |
|-----------------+-------------------+----------------+----------------|
|Richard G. Palmer|Zdzislaw Pawlak    |Karl Pribram    |Azriel Rosenfeld|
|-----------------+-------------------+----------------+----------------|
|Julius T. Tou    |I.Burhan Turksen   |Paul J. Werbos  |A.K.C.Wong      |
|-----------------+-------------------+----------------+----------------|
|Lotfi A. Zadeh   |Hans J.Zimmermann  |                |                |

This conference is part of the Fourth Joint Conference Information
Sciences.

Areas for which papers are sought include:

   o Artificial Life
   o Artificially Intelligent NNs
   o Associative Memory
   o Cognitive Science
   o Computational Intelligence
   o Efficiency/Robustness Comparisons
   o Evolutionary Computation for Neural Networks
   o Feature Extraction & Pattern Recognition
   o Implementations (electronic, Optical, Biochips)
   o Intelligent Control
   o Learning and Memory
   o Neural Network Architectures
   o Neurocognition
   o Neurodynamics
   o Neuro-Quantum Information Processing
   o Optimization
   o Parallel Computer Applications
   o Quantum Neurocomputing
   o Theory of Evolutionary Computation

Papers will be accepted based on summaries. A summary shall not exceed 4 pages
of 10-point font, double-column, single-spaced text, with figures and tables
included. Required deposits and other information:
http://www.ee.duke.edu/~gu/JCIS98/conf.html

Send 3 copies of summaries to:

George M. Georgiou
Computer Science Department
California State University
San Bernardino, CA 92407-2397
U.S.A.
georgiou at csci.csusb.edu

Tutorial and other registration information can be found in the announcement

ICCIN'98 Conference Web site: http://www.csci.csusb.edu/iccin