UAI'98 Second Call for Papers

Serafin Moral smc at decsai.ugr.es
Sun Jan 18 20:02:58 EST 1998

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message.
Please distribute to interested persons.

NEW UPDATED INFORMATION ABOUT UAI-98 CONFERENCE

For more details about the updates given below, please visit the
UAI-98 WWW page at

             http://www.uai98.cbmi.upmc.edu

     S E C O N D    C A L L     F O R       P A P E R S

                  ** U A I - 98 **

         THE FOURTEENTH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON

        UNCERTAINTY IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

                  July 24-26, 1998

        University of Wisconsin Business School

               Madison, Wisconsin, USA

          =======================================

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Important Dates

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>> Abstract and paper submission data received by: Monday, February 23, 1998

>> Postscript files of the papers received by: Thursday, February 26, 1988

>> Notification of acceptance by: Friday, April 10, 1998

>> Camera-ready copy due: Friday, May 8, 1998

>> Conference dates: July 24, 25, 26, 1998

>> Advanced tutorials on Uncertain Reasoning: Monday, July 27, 1998

These deadlines are truly strict. The period for reviewer assignment has
been reduced to a minimum. So, deadline extensions will not be possible.

Submitted papers must be at most 20 pages of 12pt Latex article style or
equivalent, which is approximately 7,000 words. Accepted papers will be
limited to 8 pages (with two additional pages allowed for a fee) in the
UAI
proceedings style, which is available at
ftp://decsai.ugr.es/pub/utai/other/smc/proceedings.sty
for Latex users. An 8-page paper in the proceedings style with no
figures
has a word count that typically is in the range of 6,000 to 7,000 words.

The paper abstract and data should be sent by using the electronic
form at the following address:

              http://decsai.ugr.es/~smc/uai98/send.html

To submit a paper, send an electronic version of the paper
(Postscript format) to the following address:

                           uai98 at cbmi.upmc.edu

The subject line of this message should be:
$.ps, where $ is an identifier created from the last name of the first
author, followed by the first initial of the author's first name.
Multiple
submissions by the same first author should be indicated by adding a
number
(e.g., pearlj2.ps) to the end of the identifier.

Authors unable to submit papers electronically should send 5 hard copies
of
the complete paper to one of the Program Chairs (for their postal
addresses,
see http://www.uai98.cbmi.upmc.edu).

Conference E-mail Address: uai98 at cbmi.upmc.edu

Program Co-chairs:  Gregory F. Cooper  and Serafin Moral
Conference Chair: Prakash P. Shenoy