Faculty Positions in Informatics at University of Edinburgh

Nigel Goddard ngoddard at psc.edu
Fri Feb 27 15:14:50 EST 1998

                LECTURESHIPS IN INFORMATICS
                  University of Edinburgh

We invite applications for six lectureships

Informatics is the study of the structure, behaviour, and interactions
of both natural and artificial computational systems. As part of a
major expansion of our work in this area, we invite applications for
up to six lectureships in Informatics.

Successful candidates will add to our existing strengths in research
and teaching, encourage the integration of their own research with
that of others, and contribute to the development of Informatics at
Edinburgh.

We seek candidates, working in any area of Informatics, who will
contribute to Edinburgh's excellence in teaching and research. Areas
of particular interest for these appointments include: cognition,
computation and human learning; computational and cognitive aspects of
neuroscience and neural networks; computational and cognitive models
of human communication; computational complexity; computational
vision; design and analysis of integrated hardware and software
computer systems; distributed systems; network and mobile computing;
evolutionary systems; formal semantics of natural language; knowledge
representation and practical reasoning; mobile robotics.

Permanent appointments may be available for suitably qualified
candidates, otherwise appointments will be for five years in the first
instance.

Further particulars including details of the application procedure are
available on-line:

     http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/ipu/particulars/

or from the Personnel Department:

     Recruitment
     Personnel Office,
     The University of Edinburgh,
     1 Roxburgh Street,
     Edinburgh EH8 9TB

     email personnel at ed.ac.uk
     Tel: +44 (0) 131-650-2511 (24 hour answering service).
     Fax +44 (0) 131-650-6509

Application forms should be obtained from the personnel department,
which may be contacted by phone, fax, or post, or by completing this
form:

     http://www.ed.ac.uk/~persnnel/enqentry.cgi

Please quote Reference 896095WW

Closing date: 9th March 1998

Further information about Informatics at Edinburgh may be obtained
from our WWW page:

     http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/ipu/

or from the Head of Informatics:

     Professor Michael Fourman