Position: Image Processing Scientist

Soheil Shams sshams at biodiscovery.com
Fri Aug 7 19:05:23 EDT 1998

We are looking for a talented, creative individual with a strong
background in image processing, machine vision, neural networks, or
pattern recognition. This position involves development and
implementation of machine vision and image processing algorithms for a
number of ongoing and planned projects in high-throughput genetic
expression analysis. The position requires the ability to formulate
problem descriptions through interaction with end-user customers. These
technical issues must then be transformed into innovative and practical
algorithmic solutions. We expect our scientists to have outstanding
written/oral communication skills and encourage publications in
scientific journals.

Requirements:
A Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related
field, or equivalent experience is required. Knowledge of biology and
genetics is a plus but not necessary. Two years experience with MatLab®
and at least 5 years programming experience is required. Commercial
software development experience is a plus.

For consideration, please send your résumé along with a cover letter to
E-mail: HR at BioDiscovery.com
Fax: (310) 966-9346
Snail-mail:
BioDiscovery, Inc.
11150 W. Olympic Blvd.
Suite 805E
Los Angeles, CA 90064

Please include pointers to your work online if applicable.

BioDiscovery, Inc. is an early-stage start-up company dedicated to the
development of state-of-the-art bioinformatics tools for molecular
biology and genomics research applications. We are a leading gene
expression image and data analysis firm with an outstanding client list
and a progressive industry stance.  We are rapidly growing and are
looking for talented individuals with experience and motivations to take
on significant responsibility and deliver with minimal supervision.
BioDiscovery is an equal opportunity employer and our shop has a
friendly, intense atmosphere. We are headquartered in sunny Southern
California close to the UCLA campus.