Quality Assurance in Maternity Care project

drl@eng.cam.ac.uk drl at eng.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 29 15:30:48 EDT 1997

(Apologies for cross-posting)

The Quality Assurance in Maternity Care (QAMC) project is a 3 year
investigation into neural network and other methods for predicting
obstetrical risk.  The project is funded by the European Union BIOMED
program and the data processing centre is Cambridge, England.

The QAMC project has made use of 771571 cases from the Scottish
Morbidity Record and its findings should be of interest to researchers
in the clinical, statistical, connectionist and data-mining communities.

Much effort has gone into developing new methods for feature selection
in large databases of discrete valued information. This research and
all of the project's other publications are available via the project
Web page:

          http://svr-www.eng.cam.ac.uk/projects/qamc

Furthermore, the Web page provides interactive access to estimated and
observed rates of incidence of a particular adverse pregnancy outcome:
failure to progress in labour.

The project is actively seeking feedback and we would welcome your
comments (which can be submitted and read via the above web page).

We hope you find this information of benefit.

--
David R. Lovell (drl at eng.cam.ac.uk)                         Research Associate
Depts of Engineering and Obstetrics & Gynaecology           Q.A.M.C.