Speech Synthesis Position

Orhan Karaali karaali at ukraine.corp.mot.com
Wed Aug 27 14:31:25 EDT 1997

MOTOROLA is a leading provider of wireless communications,
semiconductors, and advanced electronic systems, components, and
services.

Motorola's Chicago Corporate Research Laboratory in Schaumburg,
IL, is seeking a researcher to join its Speech Synthesis and
Machine Learning Group.

The Speech Synthesis and Machine Learning Group at Motorola has
developed innovative neural network and signal processing
technologies for speech synthesis and speech recognition
applications.

Position Description:  The duties of the position include applied
research as well as software design and development.  Innovation
in research, application of technology, and a high level of
motivation is the standard for all members of the team.  The
ability to work within a group to quickly implement and evaluate
algorithms in a rapid research/development cycle is essential.

Candidate's Qualifications:
* M.S.  or Ph.D.  in EE, CS or a related discipline
* Strong programming skills in the C++ language and knowledge of
  object-oriented programming techniques
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Expertise in at least one of the four fields listed below:
   * Computational and corpus linguistics, text processing, SGML.
   * Neural networks, genetic algorithms, decision trees.
   * Signal and speech processing, speech coders, speech production.
   * WIN32 and graphics (Direct3D and OpenGL) programming.

We offer an excellent salary and benefits package.  For
consideration, please send or fax your resume to:

Motorola Corporate, Dept.T7100
1303 E.  Algonquin Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60196
Fax:  (847)538-4688

Motorola is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer.  We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Proof of identity and eligibility to be employed in the United
States is required.

          MOTOROLA
        What you never thought possible(TM)