RA or Postdoc Position in Computational Neuroscience at Rutgers-Newark

Mark A. Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Mon Aug 25 14:14:39 EDT 1997

We are looking to hire a good new person in my lab to work
with us on the computational modelling of the memory circuits in
hippocampus and cortex and basal forebrain, etc., which are
involved in both animal and human learning.

The candidate should be a person well-trained in basic neural-net
modelling and theory, who can program NN's like a wiz. Their
neuroscience training is not key as we can train someone in the
biology and behavior. In fact,  this could be a good opportunity
for someone who is well trained with a computer science or
EE background in NN's, but wants to explore and train for a
career move into more biologically and behaviorally oriented
modelling. We also have an active experimental animal lab
as well as extensive neuropsychological studies of human
memory which can also provide important training opportunities
in the experimental and empirical aspect of computational
neuroscience.

Depending on the applicant's background, we can hire either a full-time
RA/programmer who has an undergraduate background in NN;
perhaps someone who is considering graduate school in a year
or two. Alternatively, a postdoctoral position could be found
for someone with a PhD in EE or CS with strong NN programming
experience,  who would be interested in a training
situation that would prepare them to work in computational
neuroscience, with an emphasis on empirically-constrained models
and theories of brain function.

More information on our lab and research can be
found on the web page noted below. Anyone interested should
email me with a cover letter stating his or her background
and career goals.

Rutgers-Newark has  a large and growing group of
connectionist modellers working in cognitive neuroscience and
computational neuroscience at Rutgers-Newark. In addition
to myself, this group includes Catherine Myers, Stephen Hanson,
Mike Casey, Ralph Siegel, Michael Recce, and Ben Martin-Bly.

- Mark Gluck

Dr. Mark A. Gluck,
    Associate Professor
Center for Molecular & Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102

                    Phone:  (973) 353-1080 (Ext. 3221)