Postdoc in computational neurobiology

Peter Dayan dayan at ai.mit.edu
Thu May 9 09:49:55 EDT 1996

	     Computational Models of Cortical Development

I would like to recruit a postdoc to work on computational models of
activity-dependent development in the cortex. The project focuses on
development in hierarchical processing structures, particularly the
visual system, and we're planning to start with the Helmholtz machine
and the wake-sleep algorithm.

The position is in my lab in the Department of Brain and Cognitive
Sciences at MIT. The job is available immediately, and will last
initially for one year, extensible for at least another year.
Applicants should have a PhD in a relevant area (such as computational
modeling in neuroscience) and should be familiar with neurobiological
and computational results in activity-dependent development.

To apply, please send a CV and the names and addresses of two referees
to me:

Peter Dayan
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
E25-210 MIT
Cambridge, MA 02139
USA

dayan at psyche.mit.edu