guessing recurrent nets

Juergen Schmidhuber juergen at idsia.ch
Tue May 7 10:07:53 EDT 1996

   GUESSING CAN OUTPERFORM MANY LONG TIME LAG ALGORITHMS

   Juergen Schmidhuber, IDSIA   &   Sepp Hochreiter, TUM

   Technical Note IDSIA-19-96            (3 pages, 48 K)

   Numerous  recent papers  focus on  standard recurrent
   nets' problems  with long time lags  between relevant
   signals.  Some propose rather sophisticated, alterna-
   tive methods.  We show:  many  problems  used to test
   previous methods can be solved more quickly by random
   weight guessing.

    To obtain a copy, use ftp, or simply cut and paste:
    netscape ftp://ftp.idsia.ch/pub/juergen/guess.ps.gz

                   Or try our web pages:
      http://www7.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~hochreit
        http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/onlinepub.html