Fourth Mailing - AIHENP95 Pisa, 3-8 April 1995

AIHENP95@pisa.infn.it AIHENP95 at pisa.infn.it
Fri Mar 17 15:30:01 EST 1995

            FOURTH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
                       AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
                   FOR HIGH ENERGY AND NUCLEAR PHYSICS

                              AIHENP95-Pisa
                          Pisa (Tuscany), Italy
                            3 - 8 April, 1995

                    --------- FOURTH MAILING ----------
             ---Workshop Program---Participant Information---

                  INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY COMMITTEE

       S. R. Amendolia       INFN & Univ. Sassari  Pisa          I
       G.    Auger           GANIL                 Caen          F
       K. H. Becks           Bergische Univ.       Wuppertal     D
       O.    Benhar          INFN                  Rome          I
       R.    Brun            CERN CN               Geneva        CH
       B.    Denby           INFN                  Pisa          I
       F.    Etienne         CPPM                  Marseille     F
       R.    Gatto           Geneva Univ.          Geneva        CH
       G.    Gonnet          ETHZ                  Zurich        CH
       M.    Green           Royal Holloway Col.   Egham Surrey  GB
       V.    Ilyin           Moscow University     Moscow        RU
       F.    James           CERN                  Geneva        CH
       A.    Kataev          INR                   Moscow        RU
       P.    Kunz            SLAC                  Stanford      USA
       M.    Kunze           Ruhr University       Bochum        D
       C. S. Lindsey         KTH                   Stockholm     S
       V.    Matveev         INR                   Moscow        RU
       K.    McFarlane       CEBAF/Norfolk         Newport News  USA
       R.    Odorico         Univ. of Bologna      Bologna       I
       D.    Perret-Gallix   LAPP                  Annecy        F
       C.    Peterson        Lund University       Lund          S
       B.    Remaud          IN2P3                 Paris         F
       E.    Remiddi         Univ. of Bologna      Bologna       I
       P.    Ribarics        MPI                   Munich        D
       M.    Sendall         CERN ECP              Geneva        CH
       Y.    Shimizu         KEK                   Tsukuba       JP
       D.    Shirkov         JINR                  Dubna         RU
       A.    Smirnitsky      ITEP                  Moscow        RU
       R.    Tripiccione     INFN                  Pisa          I
       M.    Veltman         Univ. of Michigan     Ann Arbor     USA
       J.    Vermaseren      NIKHEF-H              Amsterdam     NL
       C.    Vogel           CISI                  Paris         F
       E.    Wildner         CERN PS               Geneva        CH

DEAR COLLEAGUES:

This is the Fourth Mailing for the 1995 edition of the AIHENP worskshop series,
containing the Workshop Program, Further Information for Participants, and the
Registration/Accommodation forms for those of you who may not yet have turned
them in.  The LaTeX file for preparation of camera ready manuscripts is not
included here but is still available via WWW at the URL's shown below.  The
page limit is 6 pages for parallel papers and 8 pages for plenary papers.  The
organizing committee can also supply a copy on request.  The completed papers
are to be brought to the workshop.

WWW URL's for viewing AIHENP95 Information:

       http://www.cern.ch/Physics/Conferences/C1995/Overview.html
       http://www1.cern.ch/NeuralNets/nnwInHep.html

We on the organizing committee look forward to seeing you in Pisa very soon!

Bruce Denby
Conference Chairman
For the International Advisory Committe and Local Organizing Committee

                                ABOUT AIHENP
                                ------------

The AIHENP series workshops are intended primarily for scientists working
in fields related to High Energy and Nuclear Physics.  The AIHENP series began
in Lyon, France, in March 1990, and has subsequently been sited in La Londe
les Maures, France, in January 1992, and in Oberammergau, Germany, in October
1993.  The workshops have always been less formal than full conferences,
stressing *new* results and ideas, and with sufficient time allowed for
spontaneous discussions to develop.  As in the past, the 1995 workshop will
consist of plenary sessions and three parallel sessions covering our
three subgroups,

  1) SOFWARE ENGINEERING
  2) ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND NEURAL NETS
  3) SYMBOLIC MANIPULATION

along with tutorials and demonstrations, poster session, and industrial booths.
Tutorials this year include:  INTRODUCTION TO FUZZY LOGIC FOR HIGH ENERGY
PHYSICS; PARTICLE SEARCHES WITH NEURAL NETWORKS; INTRODUCTION TO C AND OBJECT
ORIENTED PROGRAMMING FOR PHYSICISTS.

We have also invited a few experts from other fields to come and
give keynote talks which should give us some new perspectives.  This year, for
example, we have talks on SPACE APPLICATIONS OF NEURAL NETWORKS and COMMERCIAL
APPLICATIONS OF NEURAL NETWORKS, the latter of which will be given by the
President of the European Neural Networks Society, Prof. Francoise Fogelman,
of SLIGOS, Paris, France.

Industrial Exhibits confirmed are:  IBM (Rome), Spring (Rome), MACS
(Pisa, CNAPS Hardware), and Siemens (Munich/Vienna, SYNAPSE Hardware).
The workshop is also support by Apple Computer, Alenia, and CAEN.

                    FURTHER INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
                    ------------------------------------

All organizational details except the scientific program are being handled
by TRE EMME CONGRESSI in Pisa.  Their official registration forms and
information follow at the end of this document. YOUR TRE EMME REGISTRATION
FORM IS YOUR ONLY OFFICIAL REGISTRATION FOR THE WORKSHOP.

Pisa Airport is only about one kilometer from town center and has daily
connections to several international airports (Paris, London, Frankfort,
etc.) and to national airports of Rome and Milan.  Pisa may also be reached
easily by train via Milan, Rome, Florence, or Turin.  There are taxi stands
at the airport and train station.  A typical taxi fare within town is about
10.000 lira.  Pisa is a small city and often walking is the best way
to get around.  The Palazzo dei Congressi is within walking distance of all
workshop hotels.  Traffic and especially parking in Pisa are difficult.
Rental cars are not recommended.

The Worskhop Telephone Numbers (DURING THE WORKSHOP ONLY) will be:

     +39 50 598.139  telephone
     +39 50 598.112  fax

A limited number of terminals will be available for checking electronic mail,
etc., during the workshop.

Poster sessions and Industrial Exhibits will run continuously during AIHENP95.
Posters can be mounted or removed at any time during the workshop.  Presenters
of posters are encouraged to be present at their posters from 13:30 - 14:00
and from 19:00 - 20:00 for viewing and questions.

--------------------------------- CUT HERE ------------------------------------

  |           AIHENP95 Workshop Mini-Schedule Pisa  3-8 April 1995        |
  |             KEY: A1 = First  "AI" sess. (Main Auditorium)             |
  |                  A2 = Second "AI" sess. (Pacinotti Room)              |
  |                  SM = Sym. Manip. sess. (Fermi Room)                  |
  |                  SE = Soft. Eng.  sess. (Pacinotti Room)              |
  |                  (Plenary Talks in Main Auditorium)                   |
  |                    (User Terminals in Auletta "A")                    |
  |     (Poster Sessions and Industrial Exhibitions run continuously)     |
  |              (Posters manned 13:30-14:00, 19:00-20:00)                |
  +-----+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
  |Sess.|  Mon  3  |  Tue  4  |  Wed  5  |  Thu  6  |  Fri  7  |  Sat  8  |
  +-----+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
  |08:30| -09:30-  |          |          |          |          |Par. Sess.|
  |     |Local Org.| Intro &  | Parallel | Parallel | Parallel | A1-SM-SE |
  |Morn.|Committee | Plenary  | Sessions | Sessions | Sessions | -09:30-  |
  |     | Meeting  | Talks    | A1-SM-SE | A1-SM-SE | A1-SM-SE | Summary  |
  |12:30| Palazzo  |          |          |          |          |  Talks   |
  +-----+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
  |Meal?|   No     |  Lunch   |  Lunch   |  Lunch   |  Lunch   |   No     |
  +-----+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
  |14:00| -16:00-  | Plenary  |          |          |          |          |
  |     |Registr'n.|  Talks   | Parallel | Parallel | Parallel | Workshop |
  |Aft. |  Begins  | -15:00-  | Sessions | Sessions | Sessions |   Ends   |
  |     |Palazzo di|Par. Sess.| A1-SM-A2 | A1-SM-A2 | A1-SM-SE |          |
  |19:00| Congressi| A1-SM-SE |          |          |          |          |
  +-----+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
  |     |**18:00** |          | -20:30-  | -19:00-  |          |
  |     | Welcome  | Special  |  Dinner  | Advisory | Special  |
  |Eve. | Cocktail |  Talks   |   Royal  |Committee |  Talks   |
  |     |Palazzo di|          | Victoria | Meeting  |          |
  |     | Congressi|          |   Hotel  | Palazzo  |          |
  +-----+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
--------------------------------- CUT HERE ------------------------------------

               AIHENP95 PISA WORKSHOP PROGRAM  3-8 APRIL 1995
                     PALAZZO DEI CONGRESSI, PISA, ITALY

        WELCOME CEREMONIES  3 April Monday 18:00 - 20:00

   Welcoming Addresses:

         Giuseppe Pierazzini, Director,  INFN Sezion di Pisa

         Francoise Fogelman,  President, European Neural Network Society

        PLENARY SESSION  4 April Tuesday 08:30 - 15:00
4 April Tuesday Morning  08:30 - 12:30

  Chair:  TBA

  08:30 WELCOME TO AIHENP95 Pisa       - Bruce Denby (INFN Pisa)
                                         Workshop Chairman

  08:45 SPACE APPLICATIONS OF          - Thomas Lindblad (KTH Stockholm)
        NEURAL NETWORKS

  09:45 COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS OF     - Francoise Fogelman (SLIGOS, Paris)
        NEURAL NETWORKS                  (President, European
                                          Neural Network Society)

  10:45 STATE OF THE ART IN SYMBOLIC   - TBA
        MANIPULATION

  11:45 INTRODUCTION TO C AND OBJECT   -  P. Murat (ITEP Moscow/INFN Pisa)
        ORIENTED PROGRAMMING FOR HIGH
        ENERGY PHYSICISTS

4 April Tuesday Afternoon  14:00 - 15:00

  Chair:  TBA

  14:00 STATE OF THE ART IN SYMBOLIC   - TBA
        MANIPULATION

        PARALLEL SESSIONS 4-7 April

        "AI" SESSION: NEURAL NETWORKS, FUZZY LOGIC, EXPERT SYSTEMS,
                      LANGUAGES, GENETIC ALGORITHMS, ETC.

4 April Tuesday (afternoon) 15:00 - 19:00

         ****** Survey of AI Methods in Physics ******

  Chair: TBA

  15:00  - J. Moeck (MPI Munich, Ge.) "Artificial Neural Networks as a
           Second-Level Trigger at the H1 Experiment -- Performance
           Analysis and Results --"
  15:30  - S. Westerhof(Wuppertal, Ge.) "Application of Neural Networks
           in TeV Gamma-Ray Astronomy"
  16:00  - C. David (Univ. Nantes, Fr.) "Neural Networks in Theoretical
           Nuclear Physics"

  16:30  - break (30 min)

  17:00  - TBA    "Tutorial: Intro. to Fuzzy Logic"
  17:30  - E. Gandolfi (Univ. Bolgna) "Fuzzy Logic Applications in HEP"
  18:00  - G. Stimpfle-Abele (Univ. Barcelona, Spain) "Tutorial: Neural
           Nets for Particle Searches"

5 April  Wednesday (morning) 8:30 - 12:30

         ****** Triggering, Real-time and Hardware AI Systems ******

  Chair: TBA

   8:30  - C. Loomis (Rutgers, US) "Using an Analog Neural Network to
           Trigger on Tau Leptons at CDF"
   9:00  - S. Vlachos (Univ. Basel,Switzerland) "A neural  network
           trigger system for the CP-LEAR experiment"
   9:30  - R. Nobrega (CERN) "A Neural Network Trigger with a RICH
           Detector"
  10:00  - L. Lundheim (CERN) "A Programmable Active Memory Implementation
           of a Neural Network for Second Level Triggering in ATLAS"

  10:30  - break (30 min)

         ******  Multivariate Analysis and Neural Networks ******
  11:00  - C. Peterson (Lund, Sweden) "Determining Dependency Structures
           and  Estimating Nonlinear Regression Errors without Doing Regr.
  11:45  - J.Proriol (Clermont-Ferrand, Fr.) "Multimodular Neural Networks
           for the Classification of High Energy Events"

5 April  Wednesday (evening) 14:00 - 19:00
                  +++++++ AI Parallel Session I +++++++
         ****** Multivariate Analysis and Neural Networks ******

  Chair: TBA

  14:00  - Y. Wang (CERN) "Neural Network: A Powerful Tool for
           Classification"
  14:30  - Ll. Garrido (Univ. Barcelona) "Using Neural Networks to enhance
           signal over background: The top--quark search"
  15:00  - Tariq Aziz (CERN) "Heavy Flavour Tagging from hadronic Z
           decays using Neural Network Technique"

  15:30  - break (30 min)

  16:00  - H. E. Miettinen (Rice Univ., USA) "Top Quark Search with Multivariate
           Probability Estimates and Neural Networks"
  16:30  - V.V.Ivanov (Dubna, Russia) "Input Data for a Multilayer
           Perceptron in the Form of Variational Series"
  17:00  - R. Sinkus (Univ. Hamburg, Ge) "A novel approach to error
           function minimization for feedforward neural networks"
  17:30  - D.Steuer (Univ. Ilmenau, Ge.) "The use of adaptive recursive
           estimation methods for acceleration of backpropagation learning
           algorithm"
  18:00  - J. Wroldsen (Gjovik College, Norway) "A Robust Algorithm for
           Pruning Neural Networks"
  18:30  - P. Fuchs (Lab. Saturne, Fr.) "The development of neural network
           algorithms with LICORNE - a commercial software tool for data
           analysis andimage processing"

5 April  Wednesday (evening) 14:00 - 19:00

                  +++++++ AI Parallel Session II +++++++
         ****** Genetic, Evolutionary and Cellular Automata Algorithms ******

  Chair: TBA

  14:00  - G. Organtini (Univ. Rome) "Using Genetics in Particle Physics"
  14:30  - M. Kunze (Ruhr Univ. at Bochum, Ge) "Application of neural
           networks and a genetic algorithm in the analysis of multi
           particle final states"
  15:00  - C. Busch (Univ. Wuppertal, Ge.) A Very Tentative Approach Towards the
           Problem of Adjusting Monte Carlo Generator Parameters by Means of the
           Evolution Strategy"

  15:30  - break (30 min)

  16:00  - H.M.A. Andree (Utrecht, Nl) "The optimisation of feed-forward
           neural networks by means of genetic algorithms"
  16:30  - R. Berlich (Ruhr Univ. at Bochum, Ge) "Training neural networks
           using evolutionary strategies"
  17:00  - M.Casolino (Univ. Rome) "A Cellular Automaton to Filter Noise in
           High Energy Physics Particle Tracks"
  17:30  - G. Ososkov (for E.A.Tikhonenko) (Dubna, Russia) "New Random
           Number Generator on the Base of Cellular Automaton Suitable for
           Parallel Implementing"
  18:00  - M. Kunze (Ruhr Univ. at Bochum, Ge) "Growing Cell Structures"

  18:30  - Spare slot

6 April  Thursday (morning)  8:30 - 12:30

         ****** Triggering, Real-time and Hardware AI Systems ******

  Chair: TBA

   8:30  - D. Goldner (Univ. Dortmund, Ge.) "Artificial Neural Networks as
           a Level-2 Trigger for the H1 Experiment"
   9:00  - T. T. Tong (DESY) "Using a high speed analog neural network
           chip in the first level R-Z trigger of the H1-Experiment at HERA".
   9:30  - R. Odorico (Univ. Bologna, It.) "Trigger for Beauty Employing
           them MA16 Neural Microprocessor"
  10:00  - A.W.Lodder (Univ. Utrecht, Nl) "The Implementation of
           Feed-Forward Neural Networks on the CNAPS system"

  10:30  - break (30 min)

  11:00  - I. Lazzizzera(INFN Trento, It.) "TOTEM: a highly parallel chip
           for triggering applications with inductive learning based on
           the Reactive Tabu Search"
  11:30  - C. S. Lindsey (KTH, Sweden) "Experience with the IBM ZISC
           Neural Network Chip"
  12:00  - Th. Lindblad (KTH, Sweden) "Evaluation of a RBF/DDA Neural Network"

6 April  Thursday (evening)  14:00 - 19:00

                  +++++++ AI Parallel Session I +++++++
         ****** Neural Networks in Offline Analysis ******

  Chair: TBA

  14:00  - J. Proriol (Clermont-Ferrand, Fr.) "Tagging Higgs Boson in Hadronic
           LEP2 events with Neural Networks"
  14:30  - Oliver Cooke (CERN) Determining the Primary Parton Charge in a Jet
  15:00  - A.A. Handzel (Weizmann Inst. Israel) "Comparison of Three
           Neural Network Algorithms in a Data Analysis Classification Task"

  15:30  - break (30 min)

  16:00  - A. de Angelis (CERN) "Tagging the s quark in the hadronic
           decays of the Z"
  16:30  - C. Guicheney (U. Blaise Pascal, Fr.) "Using Neural networks
           and Fuzzy Logic in the Search of the Higgs"
  17:00  - R. Sparvoli (Univ. Rome) "Gamma Ray Energy Discrimination
           with Neural Networks"
  17:30  - M.Casolino (Univ. Rome) "Optimization of a Neural Network
           for Particle Classification in a Segmented Calorimeter"
  18:00  - J.S. Lange (TU Dresden, Ge.) "Cluster Gravitation - An
           Extension to the Kohonen Algorithm for the Identification
           of the pp-Bremsstrahlung at COSY
  18:30  - W. Tajuddin (Univ. Malaya, Malaysia) "Understanding Event
           Classification by Multilayer Perceptrons"

6 April  Thursday (evening) 14:00 - 19:00

                  +++++++ AI Parallel Session II +++++++
                         ****** Tracking ******
  Chair: TBA

  14:00  - Baginyan S. A. (Dubna, Russia) " Controlled Neural Network
           Application in TRACK-MATCH Problem"
  14:30  - D.L. Bui(DESY) "Application of the elastic arms approach
           to track finding in the Forward Tracking Detector of
           H1-Experiment at HERA"
  15:00  - C.A. Byrd (Univ. Arkansas, USA) "A Rough-Set-Based Grouping
           Algorithm for Particle Tracking in High Energy Physics"

  15:30  - break (30 min)

  16:00  - M. Fuchs (IKF Frankfurt, Ge) "A 3-dimensional Transformation
           Tracker for raw TPC-data"
  16:30  - G. A. Ososkov (Dubna, Russia) "Applications of cellular
           automata and neural networks for particle track search"
  17:00  -  N. Stepanov (ITEP, Russia) "Towards the fast trackfinder
           algorithm for the CMS experiment at LHC"
  17:30  - W. Tajuddin (Univ. Malaya, Malaysia) "Structured Feed-
           Forward Neural Network for Track Finding"
  18:00  - G. Stimpfle-Abele (Univ. Barcelona, Spain) "Determination of
           Beam Parameters in LEAR with Neural Nets"
  18:30  - "L. Santi (Udine, Italy) "Fast Reconstruction of the Antiproton
           Annihilation Vertex at Intermediate Energies, Based on a Rotor
           Neural Network"

7 April  Friday (morning)  8:30 - 12:30

         ****** Triggering, Real-time and Hardware AI Systems ******

  Chair: TBA

   8:30  - G. Pauletta (Univ. Udine, It.) "Pulse Shape Discrimination with
           a Neural Network"
   9:00  - G.B.Pontecorvo (Dubna, Russia) "On a Possible Second Level
           Trigger for the Experiment DISTO"
   9:30  - J.M. Seixas (CERN) "A Neural Second-Level System Based on
           Calorimetry and Principal Components Analysis"
  10:00  - M. Masetti (Univ. Bologna, It.) " Design of VLSI realization of
           a very fast Fuzzy processor for trigger applications in HEP"

  10:30  - break (30 min)

  11:00  - G. G. Athanasiu (Univ. Crete) "Retinal Neurocomputing Principles
           for Real Time Track Identification"
  11:30  - J. Seixas (Rio de Janeiro) "Implementing a Neural Second Level
           Trigger System on a Fast DSP:  The Feature Extraction Problem"
  12:00  - D. Salvatore (Univ. Pisa, It.) "Neuroclassifier Chip for Vertex
           Detection"

7 April  (evening)  14:00 - 19:00

     ****** Adaptive and Symbolic Methods in Offline Analysis ******

  Chair: TBA

  14:00  - D'Agostini (Univ. Rome) "A Multidimensional Unfolding Method
           Based on Bayes' Theorem"
  14:30  - R. Sinkus (Univ. Hamburg, Ge) "Neural network based electron
           identification in the ZEUS detector"
  15:00  - D. Falciai (Univ. Perugia, Italy) "Electron Identification with
           Neural Network at SLD"

  15:30  - break (30 min)

  16:00  - K. A. Gernoth "Neural Network Models of Nuclear Systematics"
  16:30  - G. Tomasicchio (Bari) "An object oriented approach to design
           symbolic and connectionist systems in HEP"
  17:00  - Th. Flor, (Univ. Ilmenau, Ge.) "Integration of symbolic rule
           based and subsymbolic neural net based information processing
           in a multi paradigm knowledge based system"
  17:30  - E. Bubelev (for V.M.Severyanov) (Dubna, Russia) "Artificial Neural
           Networks Usage for Recognition of Poincare' Imaginable Statistical
           Bodies in Non-Euclidean High Energy Physics"
  18:00  - Giulio D'Agostini (Univ. Rome) "On the Use of the Covariance
           Matrix to Fit Correlated Data"
  18:30  - V.Il. Tarasov. (Nucl. Safety Inst. Russia) "The statistical
           analysis of pollution  137-Cs in settlements Russian Chernobyl
           Zone"

7 April  Saturday (morning)  8:30 - 09:30

  Chair: TBA

  08:30  - Spare slot

  09:00  - A. Smirnitsky (ITEP) "Summary of AIHENP-Moscow Meeting, AI Section"

       ****** "AI" Posters 4-8 April Continuous******

(Posters can be mounted or removed at any time during the workshop.  Presenters
of posters are encouraged to be present at their posters from 13:30 - 14:00
and from 19:00 - 20:00.)

V.V. Ivanov, (Dubna) "Multidimensional data analysis based on the omega-n-k
         criteria and multilayer perceptrons"
Th. Flor, (Univ. Ilmenau, Ge.) "Using advantages of ODBS and CORBA-standard
         for modelling of objectoriented distributed knowledge based systems
         in VisualWorks/Distributed-Smalltalk"
Th. Flor, (Univ. Ilmenau, Ge.) "Multi paradigm inference system VISIS as
         knowledge based framework within an objectoriented medical
         information modell"
J. Proriol (Clermont-Ferrand, Fr.) "Selection of Variables for Neural Network
         Analysis"
V.M.Severyanov (Dubna, Russia) "Application of Artificial Neural Networks
         to Low pT Muon Identification in ATLAS Hadron Calorimeter"
V.M.Severyanov (Dubna, Russia) "Calculation and Interactive Construction
         of Flat Fractals Using Neural Networks"
W. Tajuddin (Univ. Malaya, Malaysia) "Track Classification and Enumeration
 	in Solid State Nuclear Track Detectors usinc Cellular Automata"
T. Yakhno (Novosibirsk, Russia) "TallTalk: Combining
         OO-paradigm and Constraint Programming for Knowledge Representation"

   SYMBOLIC MANIPULATION SESSION:

5 April  (morning) 8:30 - 12:30

  Chair: TBA

         SUBGROUP C-2: Full automation systems
   8:30  - Y.Kurihara (KEK, Japan) "Catalogue of electron-positron
           annihilation processes using GRACE system"
   9:00  - A.Pukhov (INP MSU, Moscow, Russia) "Automatic calculation of
           amplitudes in the CompHEP package"
   9:30  - M.Jimbo (Tokyo Management College, Japan) "A system for the
           automatic computation of cross sections including SUSY particles"
  10:00  - J.-X.Wang (IHEP, Beijing, China) "Automatic calculation of
           loop processes"

  10:30  - break (30 min)

         SUBGROUP C-3: programs and methods
  11:00  - L.Surguladze (Univ. of Oregon, USA) "Computer programs for high
           order analytical perturbative calculations in high energy physics"
  11:30  - A.Grozin (Open Univ., UK) "Multiloop calculations in heavy
           quark effective theory"
  12:00  - J.Gracey (Univ. Durham, UK) "Large N_f methods for computing the
           perturbative structure of deep inelastic scattering"

5 April  (evening) 14:00 - 19:00

  Chair: TBA

         SUBGROUP C-1: Languages and Tools
  14:00  - M.Sofroniou (Univ. Bologna - Wolfram Research Ltd.) "Strategies
           for effective numerical computations using Mathematica"
  14:30  - E.Remiddi (Univ. Bologna, Italy) "GOLEM: a language (and a program)
           for writing (and checking) mathematical proofs"
  15:00  - S.Capitani ("La Sapienza", Roma, Italy) "Use of SCHOONSHIP and FORM
           codes in perturbative lattice calculations"

  15:30  - break (30 min)

         SUBGROUP C-2: symbolic-numeric interface
  16:00  - K.Kato (Kogakuin Univ., Tokyo, Japan) "Numerical approach to
           two-loop integrals with masses"
  16:30  - D.Kovalenko (INP MSU, Moscow, Russia) "Automatic generation of
           kinematics for exclusive high energy collisions",
  17:00  - T.Ishikawa (KEK, Japan) "Symbolic code optimization of polynomials"
  17:30  - F.Tkachov (INR, Moscow, Russia) "MILXy Way: How much better
           than VEGAS can one integrate in many dimensions?"

6 April  (morning)  8:30 - 12:30

  Chair: TBA

         SUBGROUP C-3: methods and algorithms
   8:30  - A.Kotikov (LAPP, Annecy, France) "Gegenbauer polynomial
           technique: the second birth"
   9:00  - A.Czarnecki (Univ. Karlsruhe, Germany) "A new method of computing
           two-loop Feynman integrals with massive particles"
   9:30  - L.Avdeev (JINR, Russia) "Recurrence relations for evaluating
           three-loop vacuum diagrams with a mass"
  10:00  - V.Ilyin (INP MSU, Russia) "New method of reducing vacuum
           multiloop Feynman integrals to master ones"

  10:30  - break (30 min)

         SUBGROUP C-2: Feynman diagram generation
  11:00  - T.Kaneko (Meiji-Gakuin Univ., Yokohama, Japan) "A Feynman-graph
           generator for any order of coupling constants",
         SUBGROUP C-1: Graphical interface
  11:30  - D.Juriev (Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France-Russia) "Some
           aspects of interactive visualization of 2D quantum field theory:
           algebra, geometry and computer graphics"
  12:00  - I.Nikitin (IHEP, Protvino, Russia) "Visual study of complicated
           phenomena in string theory"

6 April  (evening)  14:00 - 19:00

  Chair: TBA

         SUBGROUP C-4: QFT and SUSY etc.
  14:00  - C.Schubert (DESY-Zeuthen, Germany) "Programming the string-inspired
           method: main computational problems"
  14:30  - A.Lanyov (JINR, Russia) "Calculation of heat-kernel coefficients
           and usage of computer algebra"
  15:00  - A.Candiello ("Galileo Galilei", Padova, Italy) "WBase: a C package
           to reduce tensor products of Lie algebra representations"

  15:30  - break (30 min)

         SUBGROUP C-2: Applications
  16:00  - N.Nakazawa (Kogakuin Univ., Tokyo, Japan) "Automatic Calculation
           of 2-loop Weak Corrections to Muon Anomalous Magnetic Moment"
  16:30  - O.Tarasov (Biellefeld Univ., Germany - JINR, Russia) "One-loop
           radiative correction to the process gamma-gamma -> t bar-t"
  17:00  - I.Akushevich (Belorussia Univ., Minsk, Belorussia) "The
           calculation of contribution of double photon bremstrahlung to
           polarized assymetry by using symbolic manipulation technique"
         SUBGROUP C-3: results
  17:30  - A.Pivovarov (INR, Moscow, Russia) "On the positronium lifetime
           calculation"
  18:00  - A.Davydychev (Bergen Univ., Norway) "New results for two-loop
           diagrams with massive and massless particles"
  18:30  - S.Larin (INR, Moscow, Russia) "Computation of the high order QCD
           corrections to physical quantities"

7 April  (morning)  8:30 - 12:30

  Chair: TBA

         SUBGROUP C-3: Methods and algorithms
   8:30  - J.Fleischer (Biellefeld Univ., Germany) "Calculation of
           two-loop vertex functions from their small momentum expansion"
   9:00  - D.Kreimer (Univ. Tasmania, Australia) "Feynman diagram
           calculations - from finite integral representations to knotted
           infinities"
   9:30  - T.van Ritbergen (NIKHEF, The Netherlands) "The calculation of
           various quantities within perturbation theory at the 3 and 4-loop
           order"
  10:00  - C.Schubert (DESY-Zeuthen, Germany) "Programming the string-inspired
           method: methods and algorithms for the evaluation of higher
           order corrections"

  10:30  - break (30 min)

         SUBGROUP C-3: Applications
  11:00  - G.Pivovarov (INR, Moscow, Russia) "The gauge for atom-like
           bound states"
  11:30  - P.Baikov (INP MSU, Moscow, Russia) "Three loop vacuum polarization
           and four loop muon anomalous magnetic moment"
  12:00  - N.Ussykina (INP MSU, Moscow, Russia) "Cracking double boxes:
           a progress report"

7 April  (evening)  14:00 - 19:00

  Chair: TBA

         SUBGROUP C-4: other fields
  14:30  - E.Wildner (CERN) "Integration of symbolic computing in
           accelerator control"
  15:00  - E.S.Cheb-Terrab (Univ. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) "A computational
           strategy for the analytical solving of partial differential
           equations"

  15:30  - break (30 min.)

  16:00  - P.Pronin (MSU, Moscow, Russia) "New tensor package for REDUCE"
         SYMBOLIC SECTION RESUME
  16:30  - Summary talk on "Moscow one-day session" Symb. Manip. Section
  17:00  - Round Table discussion

  SOFTWARE ENGINEERING SESSION

4 April Tuesday Afternoon 15:00 - 19:00

  Chair: TBA

      **Object oriented programming and C++**

  15:00  - R. Petravick (Fermilab) "Software engineering methods and standards
           used in the Sloan Digital Sky Survey"
5 April Wednesday Morning 08:30 - 12:30

  Chair: TBA

  **Online applications; Graphics and Interfaces**

  08:30  -
  09:00  - I. Legrand (CERN) "Design and simulation of the online trigger
           and reconstruction farm for the HERA-B experiment"
  09:30  - J. Cramer (Washington/Max Planck) "SControl, a program for
           slow control of large physics experiments"
  10:00  - C. Maidantchik (CERN/Rio de Janeiro) "Quality assurance on
           coupling DAQ software modules"

  10:30  - Break (30 min.)

  11:00  - V. Monich (Novosibirsk) "ZTREE - Data analysis and graphics
           display system for the CMD-2 detector"
  11:30  - Y. Merzlyakov (Novosibirsk) "Software design of a distributed
           heterogeneous front end DAQ"
  12:00  - V. Fine (Dubna) "Using the Windows/NT operating system for
           HEP applications"

6 April Thursday Morning  08:30 - 12:30

  Chair: TBA

  **Simulation; Code and data management techniques**

  08:30  - B. Burow (DESY) "How one operator and hundreds of computers around
           the world simulate a million ZEUS events per week"
  09:00  - C. Bormann (Frankfurt) "A distributed data analysis environment"
  09:30  - E. Agterhuis (Utrecht) "Software tools for Microstrip Gas
           detector simulation"
  10:00  - L. Cioni (Pisa) "Co-operative principles in application design"

  10:30  - Break (30 min.)

  11:00  - S. Cabasino (Pisa) "The Ape Computer Family"
  11:45  - B. Burow (DESY) "TDM: A proposed tool to manage data and tasks
           for a comfortable future of HEP event processing"

7 April Friday Morning  08:30 - 12:30

  Chair: TBA

        **Object Oriented Programming and C++**

  08:30  -
  09:00  - P. Fuchs (Saturne) "The development of an object-oriented system
           which integrates simulation, reconstruction and analysis within
           a common framework
  09:30  - J. Carter (CERN) "Experience using formal methods in HEP"
  10:00  - N. Piscopo (ARTIS) "An integrated software engineering
           environment for developing concurrent applications through
           simulation and automatic code generation"

  10:30  - break (30 min)

  11:00  - G. Maron (Legnaro) "Experience using an integrated software
           engineering package for developing the AURIGA antenna data
           acquisition and analysis system"
  11:30  - G. Attardi (Pisa) "The PoSSo Project"
  12:00  - V. Talanov (Protvino) " Application of C++ programming
           principles to geometry description problem in particle
           transport simulation"

7 April Friday Afternoon  14:00 - 19:00

  Chair: TBA

        **Object Oriented Programming and C++**

  14:00  - O. Krivosheev (Tomsk) "Object oriented approach to the design
           of Monte Carlo code for simulation of electromagnetic showers"
  14:30  - O. Krivosheev (Tomsk) "Source viewer and source portability
           checker - useful tools for developing C++ programs"

  15:00  - Break

  ****Software Engineering Posters 4-8 April continuous*****

(Posters can be mounted or removed at any time during the workshop.  Presenters
of posters are encouraged to be present at their posters from 13:30 - 14:00
and from 19:00 - 20:00.)

           F. Bruyant (CERN) "COMO, an approach for object oriented
           analysis and design for scientific applications of an
           algorithmic nature"

           Th. Kozlowski (LANL) "The use of Shlaer-Mellor object oriented
           analysis and recursive design in the development of the PHENIX
           computing systems"

           M. Marin (Chile) "An event driven simulation environment for
           hard particle molecular dynamics"

        PLENARY SESSION 8 April  09:30 - 12:45  SUMMARY TALKS
8 April Saturday  Morning 09:30 - 12:45

  Chair: TBA

  09:30 SUMMARY OF AI SESSION        - Marcel Kunze (Bochum)

  10:30 SUMMARY OF SYMBOLIC          - TBA
        MANIPULATION SESSION

  11:30 SUMMARY OF SOFTWARE          - P. Murat (INFN Pisa/ITEP Moscow)
        ENGINEERING SESSION                        (to be confirmed)

  12:30 CLOSING REMARKS              - B. Denby (INFN Pisa)
                                       Conference Chairman
                                     - D. Perret-Gallix (LAPP Annecy)
                                       Co-chairman

        SPECIAL SEMINARS
4 April Tuesday

  Chair: S.R. Amendolia

  19:00  - H. E. Miettinen (Rice Univ., USA) "Results of the Top Quark
           Search from D0"
7 April Friday

  Chair: H. E. Miettinen

  19:00  - S.R. Amendolia (INFN Pisa, Italy) "Results of the Top Quark
           Search from CDF"

        INDUSTRY SESSION CONTINUOUS 4-8 APRIL
      Confirmed stands:  IBM (Rome)
                         Spring (Rome)
                         MACS (Pisa, CNAPS Hardware)
                         Siemens (Munich/Vienna, SYNAPSE Hardware)

--------------------------------- CUT HERE ------------------------------------

                         REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
                         -------------------------

NOTA BENE:  REGISTRATION AND ACCOMMODATION ARE BEING HANDLED BY THE
            TRE EMME CONGRESSI COMPANY.  CALL THEM AT (39)(50)44154 OR
            FAX (39)(50)500725 FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS CONCERNING
            REGISTRATION AND ACCOMMODATION.  DO NOT SEND THE FORMS TO THE
            CONFERENCE CHAIRMAN.  Part of your conference fee goes to pay
            TRE EMME to provide a friendly, helpful service for the
            conference.  Take advantage of it.

Following are three separate items:

    1) REGISTRATION FORM.  ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SUBMIT THIS FORM.
       It can be returned by FAX or POST with accompanying payment,
       by CREDIT CARD, INTERNATIONAL CHEQUE, or EUROCHEQUE.  You can
       also register ON SITE.  Those taking the student or EPS member
       discount should be prepared at arrival to show proof of their
       status.  IN CASE OF ANY PROBLEMS, CALL TRE EMME FOR ASSISTANCE.

    2) ACCOMMODATION FORM.  PLEASE BOOK YOUR HOTEL EARLY TO AVOID PROBLEMS.
       It is recommended that all participants make use of the hotels which
       have been blocked by TRE EMME in order to assure availability of
       appropriate accommodation.  Three classes of hotels are available.  A
       deposit of one night's stay plus Lit. 20.000 is required in order to
       book a room.  This should be sent directly to Tre Emme by international
       cheque or eurocheque  by MARCH 13, 1995 in order to guarantee your
       reservation.  **IF YOU CANNOT GET THE DEPOSIT IN ON TIME, BOOK YOUR
       ROOM ANYWAY, AND IT WILL BE HELD UNTIL NOON OF YOUR ARRIVAL DAY;  YOU
       MUST THEN INTERACT WITH THE HOTEL (PHONE NUMBER ON YOUR VOUCHER)
       YOURSELF IF YOU ARRIVE LATER THAN THAT.**  The hotels will not accept
       credit cards for the **deposit**, but final bills (minus deposit)
       **can** be paid by credit card.  IN CASE OF ANY PROBLEMS, CALL OR
       FAX TRE EMME FOR ASSISTANCE.

    3) SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS.  Submissions are closed, however, papers
       submitted now may be included if they especially attract the interest
       of the organizing committee.  Late abstracts will not be included
       in the abstract booklet.

--------------------------------- CUT HERE ------------------------------------

                      IV International Workshop AIHENP
                                Pisa (Italy)
                              April 3-8, 1995

                             REGISTRATION FORM

                         To be mailed or faxed to:
                            TRE EMME CONGRESSI
                   Via Risorgimento 4, 56126 Pisa (Italy)
                        Tel. +39-50 - 44154/20583
                           Fax. +39-50 - 500725

Surname .............................First name..............................

Affiliation/Company..........................................................

Address .....................................................................

Postal Code .......... City ...................... Country ..................

Tel. ..... / .......................... Fax. ..... / ........................

Fiscal/VAT code for invoice: ................................................

Fees(Incl. 19% VAT)   by March 3,1995     Thereafter

Standard              __ Lit. 425.000     __ Lit. 500.000   Lit. ............

EPS Member            __ Lit. 380.000     __ Lit. 455.000   Lit. ............

Student               __ Lit. 325.000     __ Lit. 400.000   Lit. ............

Social dinner for     __ Lit.  70.000     N. .... places    Lit. ............
accompanying person(s)
                                                      Tot.  Lit. ............

Payment

__ VISA   __ MASTERCARD   __ EUROCARD   __ CARTASI' - Tot.  Lit. ............

Card n. ........................................ Expiry date ................

Cardholder (capital letters) ................................................

I am enclosing           __ International Cheque    __ Eurocheque

for the sum of Lit. ..................... addressed to TRE EMME / AIHENP

N.B. Preregistration is strongly encouraged.

Date ............................  Signature ................................

--------------------------------- CUT HERE ------------------------------------
                      IV International Workshop AIHENP
                                Pisa (Italy)
                              April 3-8, 1995

                            ACCOMMODATION FORM

                         To be mailed or faxed to:
                            TRE EMME CONGRESSI
                   Via Risorgimento 4, 56126 Pisa (Italy)
                        Tel. +39-50 - 44154/20583
                           Fax. +39-50 - 500725

Surname .............................First name..............................

Home Address ................................................................

Postal Code .......... City ...................... Country ..................

Tel. ..... / .......................... Fax. ..... / ........................

Accompanying person(s) ......................................................

Deposit Required(but see NB below): cost of one night plus Lit. 20.000 handling

Cat. Hotel        Single              Double          Double for Single

****         __ Lit. 220.000      __ Lit. 290.000      __ Lit. 260.000

***          __ Lit.  95.000      __ Lit. 135.000      __ Lit. 110.000

**           __ Lit.  65.000      __ Lit. 100.000      __ Lit.  75.000

Date of arrival ................ Departure .............. tot. nights .......

I wish to share a double room with ..........................................

N.B.

- Prices include breakfast, service charges, taxes and VAT.
- All bedrooms have private shower or bath.
- When single rooms no longer available, double for single will be reserved.
- The deposit will be deducted from the hotel bill upon display of the voucher
  sent by TRE EMME CONGRESSI: bills may be settled by credit card.
- IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING THE DEPOSIT IN ON TIME, BOOK YOUR ROOM
  ANYWAY.  IT WILL BE HELD UNTIL *NOON* OF ARRIVAL DAY.  YOU ARE THEN
  RESPONSIBLE FOR CALLING THE HOTEL (NUMBER ON TRE EMME VOUCHER) TO
  ARRANGE FOR LATER ARRIVAL IF NECESSARY.
- Deposit payment must be performed by International Cheque or Eurocheque
  made payable to TRE EMME CONGRESSI; bank charges encountered with other
  forms of payment will be charged to the participant.

I am enclosing International/Eurocheque N. ............ for Lit. ............
made payable to TRE EMME CONGRESSI.

Date ............................  Signature ................................

--------------------------------- CUT HERE ------------------------------------

                            SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
                            -----------------------

Submission of abstracts is technically closed.  Abstracts already submitted
have been reviewed and applicants notified of acceptance.  Abstracts may still
be considered, up until the date of the workshop; however acceptances will be
at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.  Late abstracts will not be
included in the abstract booklet.

Applications should be sent by electronic mail.  Applications should include
an abstract describing the work done, a title and a list of authors which
indicates which one is the contact person.  The contact person should include
his postal address, electronic mail address, and telephone and fax numbers.
THE ABSTRACT PLUS ALL ACCOMPANYING INFORMATION SHOULD FIT ON ONE PAGE.
NO SPECIAL FORMAT IS REQUIRED (PLAIN TEXT PREFERRED).

All papers accepted for oral or poster presentation will be published by
World Scientific in the workshop proceedings, which, as in past workshops,
will be a hardcover edition with the workshop logo in color on the cover.
Qualifying papers will also be published in a special edition of International
Journal of Modern Physics C.

                    Addresses for Submission of ABSTRACTS

     Electronic Submission:

           AIHENP95 at vaxpia.pi.infn.it

                 -or-

           DENBY at fnalv.fnal.gov

     Fax Submission:

           (39) (50) 880-317 in care of Bruce Denby