TR in neuroprose

Frank Smieja Frank.Smieja at gmd.de
Thu Jul 6 09:02:35 EDT 1995

FTP-host: archive.cis.ohio-state.edu
FTP-file: pub/neuroprose/beyer.mappings.ps.Z

The file beyer.mappings.ps.Z is now available for
copying from the Neuroprose repository:

On Data-driven Derivation of Discrete Mappings between Finite Spaces
(8 pages)

ABSTRACT:

The guessing of a function behind a discrete mapping
between finite spaces using only the information provided by positive
examples is shown to be in principle optimally handled by a lookup
table combined with a random process.  We explore the implications of
this result for the construction of intelligent approximators.

The paper is also available (as are the rest of our REFLEX papers)
from the WWW site
http://borneo.gmd.de/AS/janus/publi/publi.html

or look at our JANUS/REFLEX home page
http://borneo.gmd.de/AS/janus/pages/janus.html

--
Frank Smieja

Dr Frank Smieja                   Institute for System Design Technology (I5)
Adaptive Systems Group (AS)       German National Research Center
                                         for Information Technology (GMD)
Tel:   +49 2241-142214            GMD-SET.AS, Schloss Birlinghoven
email: smieja at gmd.de              53754 St Augustin
                                  Germany

WWW:   http://borneo.gmd.de:80/~smieja/