the implementation of cognition in the human brain

Yehouda Harpaz yeh at harlequin.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 12:27:57 EDT 1994

I have put in the addresses below my ideas about the way the cognition
system is actually implemented in the brain. The text is not
publication ready, but readable. I would appreciate comments.

The text is oriented towards psychlogy and neurobiology, but input
from connectionist point view would be also be useful, and I think
connectionists will find it interetsing to read. The main points, from
the point view of connectionism, are:
1) Concentrating on thinking, as opposed to feature recognition.
2) The suggestion that learning in the brain is directed by a global
mechanism (which is described in the text), and is largely independent
of local features.

www:            http://www.mrc-cpe.cam.ac.uk/yh1/cognition.html
anonymous ftp:  ftp.mrc-cpe.cam.ac.uk => pub/yh1/cognition.ps

Thanks

Yehouda Harpaz