WWW Page on Neural Nets in High Energy Physics

LINDBLAD@vana.physto.se LINDBLAD at vana.physto.se
Fri Dec 16 08:46:00 EST 1994

 	We would like to announce the installation of
the WWW homepage "Neural Networks in High Energy Physics".
The address is:

       "http://www1.cern.ch/NeuralNets/nnwInHep.html"

	Both hardware and software neural network techniques have
been used in high energy physics. Hardware neural networks are
used for real-time data selection, while software neural networks
are used in off-line analysis to enhance signal to background
discrimination. We include a long reference list of work done
in these areas, as well as news of recent developments.
	Of most general interest is the extensive page on
commercial hardware neural networks. Descriptions are given
of VLSI chips (e.g. the new IBM ZISC chip with RBF neurons),
accelerator boards, and neurocomputers.
                Clark S. Lindsey (lindsey at msia02.msi.se)
                Bruce Denby (denby at pisa.infn.it)
                Thomas Lindblad (lindblad at vana.physto.se)