Popper on quantum theory

Mitsu Hadeishi mitsu at netcom.com
Mon Jan 18 18:52:15 EST 1993

>Karl R. Popper
>Quantum Theory and the Schism in Physics
>from the Postscript to "The Logic of Scientific Discovery"
>Edited by W. W. Bartley
>Unwin Hyman: London, 1982

	In this volume, Karl Popper essentially states that he
believes the Bell inequality will fail to be demonstrated
experimentally.  E.g., he thinks the Aspect experiment would
have failed (of course, now the Aspect experiment has been
called into question, but my guess is that if it were repeated
more rigorously the correlations would still appear).  All of his
analysis pretty much rests on this assumption, which is most
likely false.

Mitsu Hadeishi
General Partner, Open Mind
mitsu at netcom.com