quantum neural computer announcement

Alexis Wieland alexis at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Jan 12 17:40:05 EST 1993

> I stand corrected.  Measurements of quantum systems are truly random,

Just an amusing side bar, it's at least a popular legend that the US
military has used little Geiger-counter like devices to help "compute"
random numbers when they wanted to be absolutely certain that the
results couldn't have been anticipated ....

Since the direction that water spins down a drain thats located on the
equator should also be truely random (presumably the initial perturbation
from the unstable equilibruim would come from Brownian motion in the
fluid), it would seem more artistic, if less pragmatic, for an "intel-
ligent" computer to periodically flush a line of toilets so situated.
(Yeah, I'm a computer scientist, but I don't do hardware :-)

Okay, okay, I'll be quite again.

- alexis.